Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

61 - 80 of 481 Posts

·
Registered
02' WRX
199 Posts
Thanks bl00!

UPDATE:

A buddy of mine is parting out his 05 STi. He wants to keep the engine...but he's willing to get rid of the drivetrain ;). Project 6-speed, brembos, and BBSs will be commencing soon!
looks like you're going to have to sell me your old hubs when you do swap... :puppy_dog

·
Registered
Y2K GM6 & 65 'Stang Fastback
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I didn't know you had a braided clutch line. How does it feel compared to the standard hose?
Feels Ok, not a huge difference, I only did it because I replaced the slave and master when I was having the issue with the clutch pedal dropping to the floor. Was a real P.I.T.A. to bleed :mad:

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Got my Ralco aluminum alternator pulley on, it came with the crank pulley, figured I'd do something with it. Been working on stripping the paint off the STi lip. A lot more work than I hoped, Ho hum =\

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Finally got my Ver. 5/6 STi lip on, very happy its not warped like hell like the polyurethane one! lol

Picked a full 05 STi interior about a week ago. Still debating if I want to go that route...

More to come...

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Found these brand new, I had never seen clears either. I still wanted functioning fogs while having them covered up. Thought it would be a little different. I know they aren't for everyone's taste but still a cool conversation piece

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Id smoke em (not with VHT)
but with some clearcoat mixed with matte black. Sexy sexy.
I am trying out some clear vinyl for them temporarily, I might try some smoked vinyl a little later.

A little bit of an update. Very busy day Saturday, myself and HotTubRob made, yet another, junkyard run. Found some little parts here and there.

First off is a skid plate off a 86 GL wagon, I know someone did a DIY of this, but I can't find it. Just two new holes on the plate for the radiator support and thats it!. Dirty but nice to have in the mountains!

Next, got the pulley covers off of a 90 legacy wagon. Metal over the A/C pulley and just clears it! My stock one didn't fit with the new 110 AMP alternator I got.

And, not a big deal, but the factory compass pack comes with little rubber covers to cover the two exterior screws. I got two screw with plastic covers off the door panel of a 92 Sentra SE-R. Worked out perfect for me!

All that plus a couple strut covers off of that 90 Legacy for $11. Gave me a lot to do and was cheap! I love the junkyard...when I can find Subarus in there, lol.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Will post up some more updates and pics with the fogs. I have some Rallytech fog cover brackets coming along with the vinyl wrap.

The 6-speed swap is a little up in the air right now. My buddy is really up and down about what he wants to do with the car. If it does happen, its only going to be the trans, driveshaft and diff, I am keeping the stock wheel configuration.

As soon as tax season is over, back to the swap too! Just got 2005 STi Gauges for the wire swap so hopefully soon to come!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #79 (Edited)
Thanks Tdadd.

Was a little bored today, this stuff was sitting in my garage so cleaned them up and installed...

Just seein if I like it. It's a little too much blue for me; really seems out of place. Oh well, I'll give it a little time to see if it grows on me.

·
Registered
98 SF-Toaster
434 Posts
Gotta add some more blue to make it seem...less blue?
If that makes any sense.
Try adding some Zealous interiors STi suede panel inserts to tie everything together.
I think itd all look really good with black carpet as well instead of grey.

61 - 80 of 481 Posts