Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

41 - 60 of 481 Posts

·
Registered
Y2K GM6 & 65 'Stang Fastback
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Just stopped by ARP today to pick up a new headstud that was stretched by the previous owner. If nothing tomorrow, going to start on the tear down of the engine to replace rod bolts with new ARP ones! Pics to follow also.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
EJ207 Built, added the ARP headstuds, rod bolts, Gates Racing timing kit, and Fidanza Flywheel. Engine built and a couple things here and there left, but coming along!

Just picked up a decent set of 06 4/2 Pot Brakes!!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Picked up my Kartboy rear brake adapters and some ceramic pads. Will post up some pics once it all comes in! Can't wait for the upgrade!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Just installed my brand new(to me,lol) Cusco rear strut brace. Thanks to Andrew(imprezarx7lvr).

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Here's how it turned out!

Before:

After:

The finished product!

I still need to get some 06/07 WRX rear rotors, but the H6 is working great so far! :)

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Still had the H6 rear rotors and a very mushy pedal. Finally got some 07 WRX rear vented rotors and vacuum bled the brakes. Vacuum bleeding, works wonders!

H6 Rear rotor:

07 WRX rear rotor!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Thanks bl00!

UPDATE:

A buddy of mine is parting out his 05 STi. He wants to keep the engine...but he's willing to get rid of the drivetrain ;). Project 6-speed, brembos, and BBSs will be commencing soon!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
^Fricken awesome.
Love your progress. Reminds me of my car in a 2 door version.
Thanks, a lot of toiling has gotten it to this point so far. Trust me it only looks good in pictures. Rust and faded paint envelope the landscape! LOL, not too much, just enoughh to bug me.

You're switching to BBS? but your rims are so beautiful!
I would love to keep them, so light too. Switching to the Brembos and the 5x114.3 lug pattern forces me to get rid of them :(

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
On a lighter note, I acquired a Beatrush Dogbone engine mount! A little JDM goodness...that no one will see. LOL

Megan Racing vs. the Beatrush(Laile) Dogbone

On the car!

41 - 60 of 481 Posts