Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
98RS (Unicorn), 05 GSXR 1000
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well the Subaru sold... Found a few issues with it that i couldn't constitute fixing or throwing money at it so i cut my losses and picked up a family build car.

1991 Camaro RS Vert

350 Roller Crate Motor (Iron Block)
Aluminum Heads
Solid Lifters
Mild Cams

4SPD Auto Built
Glide Style Trans
High Firction Plates
2300 Stall
Trans Brake/Lock

10 Point Rear
3.73 Gears
Rest of the Drivetrain from an IROC (sways, ladder bars, torque bar control arms)

I wanted to set it up still for autox BUT i would need to swap way to much out so setting it up for drag.

Car needs a few things before the fun, power steering pump, clean up the interior, new header gaskets (too much flex on the header at high RPM's) and just clean up the exterior a bit. Looks rough but its really not.

My game plan:

1. Get Engine Dyno'ed (Should be making right around 400ish to the wheels)
2. ElastiWrap it
3. 15x8 and 15x9 Draglites with radials.
4. Leather Interior
5. Custom Gague Cluster
6. BOOOOOOOSSSSTTTTT

Not in le order but pretty much...

·
Registered
99WhiteMock22B/10TeslaRoadster
6,661 Posts
I am looking at a 2014 Camaro ZL1 parked right outside of my office. Typically, it wouldn't be my style but this one has a sweet carbon fiber vented hood...and well you know me, I am a ricer.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am looking at a 2014 Camaro ZL1 parked right outside of my office. Typically, it wouldn't be my style but this one has a sweet carbon fiber vented hood...and well you know me, I am a ricer.
We are all ricers.... too bad my gen maro doesn't have much carbon fiber if any aftermarket

·
Registered
bagged gf8
147 Posts
lol.The rad support was damaged. You where going to complete modify the entire car to run a evo drivetrain, on top of completely redoing the rear end of the car that was smashed to oblivion but welding in a new rad support was a deal breaker ?!?!??!?!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol.The rad support was damaged. You where going to complete modify the entire car to run a evo drivetrain, on top of completely redoing the rear end of the car that was smashed to oblivion but welding in a new rad support was a deal breaker ?!?!??!?!
Yeah but I had to do it, not my buddy... and my laziness level its at an all time high

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So picked up....:

Aluminum 1 inch carb spacer
Windshield wipers
Starting Fluid

Still need:

Header Gaskets
K&N Air Filter and Top
Dash Pad
Gauges

Possibly might grab a Holley 770 Electric Choke Aluminum Carb...

Next 2 weeks:

Aluminum 15 gallon fuel cell
Custom True Dual Exhaust
Weld Racing Wheels 15x8 / 15x9

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So traced why the car wasn't starting (thanks again cory), fuel pump took a **** on me...

So next Wednesday the car is going to the garage... new power steering pump, header gaskets, cut the headers, and new fuel pump...

Car will be 100% running than and time for burnouts.

Other than that cleaned the carb, threw on the new aluminum spacers, new gaskets.

After next week i need to order my defi gauges, remove the radio/stereo and get a new one, relocate it somewhere in the car, get a defi gauge pod for the single din...

And getting my price quote on some advans for the maro....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts