Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
rs2.5-sti hybrid
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so i found the leak from before, and let me tell ya, it was hard to find.
so now i have another problem. i now have oil and some coolant leaking on top of my block. any suggestions? im going to just rebuild the whole top if i cant find it. also, i dont know if this happens often with subarus, but one of my injectors is leaking. im thinking, hoping, its just an o ring.

·
Premium Member
2002 2.5 RS-T
2,960 Posts
ok, so i found the leak from before, and let me tell ya, it was hard to find.
so now i have another problem. i now have oil and some coolant leaking on top of my block. any suggestions? im going to just rebuild the whole top if i cant find it. also, i dont know if this happens often with subarus, but one of my injectors is leaking. im thinking, hoping, its just an o ring.
where is the leak on the top of the block?

injectors most likely an o ring....what injectors are u using? and what intake manifold and fuel rails? do you know where on injector is leaking? top or bottom?

·
Premium Member
2000 BRP Coupe
599 Posts
+1: if you take out the power steering lines and dont buy a new gasket for the pump hardline when you reinstall...it can leak.

mine did. it spills the fluid really slowly (when looking at it), but it will accumulate on top of the engine, then burn, stink, and smoke like
mad. not fun.

oh, and the gasket is ~$2 from the dealer...cheap and easy.

·
Registered
rs2.5-sti hybrid
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, i never thought of the power steering pump. ill check it out. the fuel injector is leaking on top. i have a sohc intake. for 2001 rs.should be the same as what you have. btw, how did your engine swap go? oh ya, and i did replace the o ring twice now in the same month.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts