Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1998 impreza 2.5rs
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Oh crap, I don't know how I missed that post unless that was the part that was edited in his post so I never saw it in my subscriptions page. I'll update it.

·
Registered
2001 Impreza GT
738 Posts
Just put some 04 wrx seats in my 01 rs and i had to switch out my seat belt buckles, you have to cut two tab's off of your rs buckle holder before it will fit properly

But the rails bolted up exactly where the rs seat rails do.

·
Registered
1998 impreza 2.5rs
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Just put some 04 wrx seats in my 01 rs and i had to switch out my seat belt buckles, you have to cut two tab's off of your rs buckle holder before it will fit properly

But the rails bolted up exactly where the rs seat rails do.

Is it safe to cut the tabs? Or could it lead to a potential failing during an accident? "Buckle holder" sounds like something that would be important and shouldn't be modified or have things cut off of it. You probably would have mentioned something if it was unsafe, I just want to check though.

And thank you for the info!

·
Registered
2001 Impreza GT
738 Posts
Is it safe to cut the tabs? Or could it lead to a potential failing during an accident? "Buckle holder" sounds like something that would be important and shouldn't be modified or have things cut off of it. You probably would have mentioned something if it was unsafe, I just want to check though.

And thank you for the info!

I wouldnt think in the way that they neeed to be modified that it inhibits the structural integrity (big words i feel smart)

The top is the 04 wrx belt. the bottom is the 01 RS. all that needs cut is the triangle tabs hanging out. all they do is limit how far the buckle goes down when its not buckled in. the wrx seat uses a different setup and you cant bolt in the RS buckle properly

(its hard to see i know) but this is the after pic. just used a band saw and cut the tabs off.

·
Registered
00 rs
130 Posts
yeha i know but i cant find a 00 clockspring mine broke and i need one cause the horn is not working and the airbag light came out

·
I kill threads!
Impreza Turbo 2000
3,747 Posts
I doubt this is being updated. I want to about control arms. I want to move to aluminium ones. Probably stuck just having to find an actual GC one.

·
Registered
1988, XT6, Pearl, EG33
255 Posts
GC all years GM all years L Spoiler, RS Spoiler, STI Spoiler. interchangeable, with measurements and Holes drilled.

(I personally installed a '95 GM2 Spoiler on a '97 GC4)

Transmissions. AWD Phase 1 = all interchangeable (keep in mind of Final drive) Phase 2 = Semi Interchangeable, may require Speedometer gear install (the case of the Can-Bus Systems ie. LGT)

Phase 1 is a 2 bolt 2 stud mount configuration (starter mounts with one stud in Transmission and one bolt through transmission into Engine block)

Phase 2 is a 6 bolt 2 stud mount configuration (starter mounts with 2 bolts through transmission into Engine block)

Gearsets (and Differentials) interchangeable all years all models 5MT Specific. (also requires changing Speedo Gear to ensure proper ratio/contact)

Front Differentials, Interchangeable all years all models. To put an "innie" differential into an "outie" transmission, remove stub shafts from stock differential and install in "innie" differential via Snap Ring. (I suggest using the matching Pinion ring gear set, from whichever transmission)

Pm Me for clarifications if this isn't clear.

·
Premium Member
2000 Impreza 2.5RS
437 Posts
I doubt this is being updated. I want to about control arms. I want to move to aluminium ones. Probably stuck just having to find an actual GC one.
I just put in the jdm gc8 aluminum control arms..i also recommended getting whiteline Anti-lift kit also..
goodluck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
what ABOUT BODY PARTS THE ACTUALL THAT WOULD FIT I HAVE A 93 IMPREZA l FWD EJ18 WAS WONDERING WHAT HODD FENDRS WOULD WORK WITH LITTLE MODS. i ONCE SAW SUCH A ARTICLE BUT CAN'T FIND IT ANYMORE

·
Registered
2005 Baja Turbo
1,448 Posts
what ABOUT BODY PARTS THE ACTUALL THAT WOULD FIT I HAVE A 93 IMPREZA l FWD EJ18 WAS WONDERING WHAT HODD FENDRS WOULD WORK WITH LITTLE MODS. i ONCE SAW SUCH A ARTICLE BUT CAN'T FIND IT ANYMORE
"I once found my capslock but can't find it anymore."

eh, if I was bored enough I could finish this thread up.

However, I have a job, so I will take a pass.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts