Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1998 impreza 2.5rs
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Thanks You!!!

I was going to add everyone ahat I got info from here, but the list will get very long very fast, so thank you everyone!!!

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
Dude, you're awesome for doing this. It's a lot of work. I looked into making a similar thread.. I started it a while back but I found it to be too time consuming. A suggestion: Exhaust. We got a lot of people coming on here and asking "will X exhaust fit my Y car?" Also, you might want to ask a moderator to change the title of the thread to "The Impreza Compatibility Thread" and make it a sticky.

·
Registered
1998 impreza 2.5rs
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Dude, you're awesome for doing this. It's a lot of work. I looked into making a similar thread.. I started it a while back but I found it to be too time consuming. A suggestion: Exhaust. We got a lot of people coming on here and asking "will X exhaust fit my Y car?" Also, you might want to ask a moderator to change the title of the thread to "The Impreza Compatibility Thread" and make it a sticky.

Yeah, the exhaust was actually my main priority, except for the fact that I don't entirely know the answer.

My understanding is this:
'93-'01 all swapable between eachother.
'02-'09 all swapable between eachother.

When you cross over that line, all you have to do is get the flange rotated? Or are the hangers different also? And are sti's, wrx's, and rs's all different, or just year differences?
Can someone give me the exact specifics so I can add it to the list??

Oh, and by "exhaust" I believe I'm referring to the muffler. How about headers/downpipes/catalytic converter...? I'll start searching.

Also, thread name changed upon your request, and prob shouldn't make it a sticky until it gets more complete, but I hope it will all come together in the not too relatively distant future. Thanks for the input and support!

·
Registered
2000 Impreza Sedan
1,238 Posts
great idea.... just an FYI, STI rear sway bars do fit on 97-01 RS you just need 20mm bushings and put the bar on the outside of the links....

Rafal

·
Registered
1998 impreza 2.5rs
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
great idea.... just an FYI, STI rear sway bars do fit on 97-01 RS you just need 20mm bushings and put the bar on the outside of the links....

Rafal

Info added. Thank you!!

I assumed that was all years of STI?

·
Registered
1998 impreza 2.5rs
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Also, thread name changed upon your request,

um...at least I thought I did. I guess it was just the title of the first post that I changed. I see now why you said to get a moderator to change it. haha, I'm lame.

So, any moderators out there willing to change the title to:

The Impreza Compatibility Thread

Thanks!

·
Registered
2000 Impreza Sedan
1,238 Posts
maybe add gauge cluster as I have seen a lot of those pop up in the interior section, like:
98- Ver 4 cluster (minor re-wiring, but fits the 98 best)
99-01- Ver. 5/6 cluster (plug and play)

also, suspension parts like the Tribeca front sway bar will fit on any non-turbo model with proper bushings (again needs to go out on the outside of the links)
trailing arms are identical for all years up to 08 I think (not much of an upgrade but if someone is looking for a replacement it's good to know)
lateral links from 02+ wagons will swap into any RS as I believe they're the same length (adjustable ones are obvious)

I dunno just trying to think of stuff to add on....

·
Registered
1998 impreza 2.5rs
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
maybe add gauge cluster as I have seen a lot of those pop up in the interior section, like:
98- Ver 4 cluster (minor re-wiring, but fits the 98 best)
99-01- Ver. 5/6 cluster (plug and play)

also, suspension parts like the Tribeca front sway bar will fit on any non-turbo model with proper bushings (again needs to go out on the outside of the links)
trailing arms are identical for all years up to 08 I think (not much of an upgrade but if someone is looking for a replacement it's good to know)
lateral links from 02+ wagons will swap into any RS as I believe they're the same length (adjustable ones are obvious)

I dunno just trying to think of stuff to add on....

Thanks! I will add them soon, just wanted to know some more specifics before I do...

On the gauge clusters, are you referring to jdm ones?

I checked northussalia and it has the versions, but is unclear as to what years they were to be exact.

Version 1 = 1994-199?
Version 2 = ????
Version 3 = 1998
Version 4 = 1999
Version 5 = 2000
Version 6 = 2001

(by the way, I know I got that ALL wrong. Anyone can help me here? I haven't yet found a direct conversion, everything is so vague.)

On the front sway bar, what bushings are needed?

And lateral links into any RS, of any year? 98-09? And what are the adjustable ones? What years are they from?

Thank you for the info!! Keep it coming!

·
Registered
1998 impreza 2.5rs
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I put an 02 WRX muffler on my 97 Brighton coupe. It wasn't a perfect fit but it's not hard to make it work.

Awesome! Anything specific that I should note on the list that would need to be done? Or just put that it works?

·
Registered
2000 Impreza Sedan
1,238 Posts
you could add that the 02-03 wrx 3 piece front lip fits on 2000-2001 with no modifications other then install, as well as the 05 STI rear diffuser fits on all years as well the Cusco brace you can buy for a full bolt on application, the cusco bar isn't needed but drilling holes into the spare wheel well is needed without it. some other stuff:
-WRX brakes fit on any model with proper caliper brackets
-H6 rear brakes fit on any model with proper caliper brackets
-STI struts/springs fit all models with GC top hats

just some common stuff discussed here I though of

21 - 40 of 80 Posts