Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
99 rs RBP wrx 5mt swap
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking for pics of what all you think would be the ideal garage to have. i will have a oversized one car that has heat, cable, can lights, will have a u-coat-it floor, devilblis air compressor, welder oxy-acetylene torch, and a few other toy but what would the best bench look like, ceiling, power, paint?

·
Registered
Red 2007 BMW Z4 M-Coupe
1,331 Posts
One more picture of that garage:

I would like to spruce up my storage unit and I think it'd be fun to have a few spare hoods or misc body panels to decorate and hang.

as far as functionality for a garage, look into garage specific forums. Some pretty crazy garage builds out there!

·
Registered
Red 2007 BMW Z4 M-Coupe
1,331 Posts
Since no one else is participating here- I'll try to revive this thread!

The other week I picked up a storage rack/work bench from Costco for $65, and I am quite happy with how they work. Holds 1500#s and is very easy to build. Overall I highly recommend em if you are on a budget or don't feel like spending too much for some shelves!

Some before pictures of my workshop:

With the new workbench/shelving:
(And plenty of cleaning)

I have more stuff cleaned up but neglected to take pictures. The whole unit is now prepped to pull SavageSubi's engine and trans tomorrow! :)

·
Registered
Red 2007 BMW Z4 M-Coupe
1,331 Posts
Someone else has to have pictures of their garage or of some super cool garage setup! Post em up! Anything can cause inspiration!

·
ok terrific.
'95 STi RA rep, rhd yo!
5,223 Posts
I have the hand tools. I have the storage. I have the hydraulic press. I have the engine hoist. I have the engine stand. I have the MIG welder. I have the oxy/acetylene torch. I have the air compressor. I have the air tools.

Now I just need the damn garage to put them all in. :unamused:

·
Registered
Red 2007 BMW Z4 M-Coupe
1,331 Posts
I have the hand tools. I have the storage. I have the hydraulic press. I have the engine hoist. I have the engine stand. I have the MIG welder. I have the oxy/acetylene torch. I have the air compressor. I have the air tools.

Now I just need the damn garage to put them all in. :unamused:
I know the feeling well. My solution: Storage Unit.

If you do some shopping around you can find a nice one I'm sure. Otherwise renting an industrial place with a few friends can also work out. People are willing to negotiate with the economy in its current state, so its worth a shot!

·
Registered
2004 Impreza RS/ San Remo Red
38 Posts
a giant barn with one corner reserved for working with all the tools you need ...and then the rest of the barn for parking on one side and dirtbikes, snowmobiles, motorcycles, and quads on the other.....then keep the giant opening front doors but install a opening garage door on one side of the garage so you dont have to let out all the cold air to get one car out in the winter.

·
Registered
2001 BRP Impreza 2.5RS Coupe
29 Posts
Hey everybody, I need to find a garage space in Denver for a non-running 01 Impreza RS. Since the car isn't running regular storage places won't let me store there. I'm really looking for a space like Zerodrift's spot on the 1st page of this thread. If anybody knows of a spot in Denver like this I would appreciate you letting me know.

·
Registered
99 rs RBP wrx 5mt swap
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
rs may have to share with the mustang in the garage here soon. did get a 80 gallon i think compressor and a door opener and a 5 gas analyzer now i need a tig and a drill press and i should be set for quite the garage

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.