Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

The Group N Mounts and SPT Stuff Thread

68K views 153 replies 43 participants last post by  42 Autosports 
#1 · (Edited)

We sell a lot of these so our local dealer is getting us a decent selection of SPT products and Group N Mounts.

If you want something but do not see it here, we can usually get it same or next day overnight to us.

Group N Packages:

Drivetrain:
Please purchase these motor and trans kits HERE
Engine Mount Set: $129 Shipped
Engine Mount Set + Pitch $175 Shipped
Engine Mount Set + 5MT Mount $201 Shipped
Engine Mount Set + 5MT Mount + Pitch Stop $234 Shipped
Engine Mount Set + 6MT Mount $201 Shipped
Engine Mount Set + 6MT Mount + Pitch Stop $234 Shipped

Suspension:
Please Purchase these suspension kits HERE
Front Strut Mount Set $150 Shipped
Front Strut Mount + Rear GC Set $260 Shipped
Front Strut Mount + Rear Bugeye Set $350 Shipped
Front Strut Mount + Rear 04-07 Set $370 Shipped

Cusco Engine Mount + Trans mount set $321 Shipped

Singles:
Engine Mount Set, Comes assembled with new nuts $129 Shipped

Pitch Stop Mount $51 Shipped

Trans Mount 5MT $74 Shipped

Trans Mount 6MT $74 Shipped

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Go team! They make a nice little difference in shifting feel and overall 'slop' in the car. I just ordered a set for the Forester.

Engine mounts are a must have for any swapped car, but complete PITA to install.
Even a stock RS feels loads better with these, the stock mounts are unbelievably soft and most are complete toast by now.

The turbo cars make it a bit more exciting to install especially with big sway bars...Much easier to do these things on a lift or better yet, before you do the swap.

Every time I turn around, you guys are offering more stuff that I want... dang you. :lol:

But seriously, I will be coming to you for a bunch of parts next month. Keep up the good work!

Well, I wouldn't be very good at my job if I offered you a bunch of cheap parts that you don't want now would I? :D Once the website goes up we'll have a LOT more great parts offerings up.

Whats the difference between the 209 shipped Engine + 5sp mounts and the 256 one?
I actually just caught that. I deleted something by accident. Both $256 kits are Engine Mounts, the Trans Mount, and the Pitch Stop Mount.

-Adam

#12 · (Edited)
this seems like perfect timing... I think my mounts are dying or dead, I get a big clunk when accelerating hard.

What about the pitch stop ? would it still marry up and fit ok with a swapped WRX motor in my RS ? or best to just get engine and tranny mounts ?

how long do suspension mounts typically last? and what are symptoms of dead ones ?

and how much should we expect to pay someone to change them out ?
cheers

#14 ·
Well, the pitch stop mounts to the transmission so it doesn't really matter which motor is in there, and the fact that all the transmissions SHOULD mount in the same place (I don't know about the autos)...it will fit.

The transmission mount is fairly simple, on a lift we can usually change one out in about 10 minutes. The motor mounts we generally charge 1-1.5 hours depending on the car and the mods. If the car has a massive front sway, it takes a decent bit longer to do as it can be a PAIN to get it out. Pitch stop mount is very easy to get to and change.

As far as the suspension mounts. You can also bounce the car up and down and look at the massive amount of flex that comes out of the stock mounts. :) Those are just easier to replace when you are doing some sort of suspension to the car. If you have a stiffer suspension on the car than stock, you definitely need top hats no questions asked.

-Adam

Wow Ive been looking for a set of cheap mounts
Ill be placing an order soon!
I know my engine mounts are pretty shot - which is why im getting a new set,
But do you know if they are the reason for the weird rumbling/vibration i get in reverse?
I want to figure out if i need a new trans mount as well
How are the diff bushings? The trans mount can make things pretty sloppy, but I don't know about it just being in reverse?

-Adam

#13 ·
Wow Ive been looking for a set of cheap mounts
Ill be placing an order soon!
I know my engine mounts are pretty shot - which is why im getting a new set,
But do you know if they are the reason for the weird rumbling/vibration i get in reverse?
I want to figure out if i need a new trans mount as well

#31 ·
Hey good looking deal on the mounts, probably gonna pick some up in the future.

I did however just destroyed on of my sti mount bolts while removing my crossmember.

Does anyone who bought the group N mounts have a set of sti mounts lying around?

sorry if this is a mispost, but i figured it'd be good place to ask.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.