Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Subaru Impreza RS Sedan
16 Posts
Unfortunately buddy it's worth as much as someone is willing pay, but you need to find that someone. You won't be able to get anywhere near what you think it's worth. You would be better off completing it and then deciding to sell/keep. If someone showed up with four grand I'd let them take my car and literally everything I've collected for it, merged bugeye ecm/harness, 6mt, widebody, somuchstuff, it can even be driven away! I know it's all worth twice as much, but no one would buy it at that price, no one is even knocking on my door at 4! but that's because it has just as many doors.

4-6 as it is. likely at least 10 if you finished it. cars that dont run and drive lose a lot of value in my mind even if nothing else is wrong with the car. if I can't drive it away we got issues. There's a 55k mile old lady owned stocker in your area(assuming denver) for 11.5, if that helps give you an idea what yours is worth
Posts like these give me hope for finding a car for a reasonable price. There are so many upcharging the price of cars in absolutely appalling condition. I'm trying to rack up posts in order to reach out to those who might be interested in selling!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Crazy... 9 year old account making their first posts this week. Welcome aboard!

The time to get these cars cheap in any kind of good condition is way gone, unless you trip on a barnfind, I had mentioned that 55k mile old lady owned one up there for $12,000. They only made 14,000 RS' over four years. and that was... 20-24 years ago. I paid $7k for mine in 2012 on a rot lot and it needed head gaskets less than a year later.

·
Registered
2001 Subaru Impreza RS Sedan
16 Posts
Crazy... 9 year old account making their first posts this week. Welcome aboard!

The time to get these cars cheap in any kind of good condition is way gone, unless you trip on a barnfind, I had mentioned that 55k mile old lady owned one up there for $12,000. They only made 14,000 RS' over four years. and that was... 20-24 years ago. I paid $7k for mine in 2012 on a rot lot and it needed head gaskets less than a year later.
I had nearly pulled the trigger on a coupe back then, but decided against it and now regret that decision heavily. While I was originally set on an RS coupe, I've decided to keep an open mind to even a sedan or even a brighton as the name of the game long term is an engine swap. Here's to hoping I can find something that works out!

·
Registered
99 White Mock 22B / 2004 Forester XT / 2013 BRZ Limited
6,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Spend some more money and get lots of fun bits with instead! :)

21 - 24 of 24 Posts