Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2000 Slingshot RS-T
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, it happened New Years day, if you can beleive that! :)

Driving down a residential area, an S shaped street....then I see something run out from the side! I swerve to avoid it and lose control of the car. The drift must have looked awesome from a spectator's point of view, it sure felt like fun.
That is until that damn tree got in the way!!!
:p

Turns out that it was a stupid cat that ran out. :mad:

Oh well. So the story goes.... S--t happens.

-Vic

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
Lets hope you learned a lesson

I'd rather see mangled (insert animal type here) guts all over than to see all that carnage. Please never swerve to avoid animals...just brake hard. Nature works in strange ways sometimes. I hope your car gets back to shape quickly and correctly. Sorry to hear about the accident. Also, I'm not preaching...just a sort of PSA for others to think about.

·
Registered
358 Posts
sounds like a supra owner i know. he was driving along, a possum ran out and he swerved to avoid damaging his front mount IC. he lost control, hit a tree (i think) and totaled the car. both stories should be a lesson to everyone: hit small animals :p

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
KillerTHC said:
sounds like a supra owner i know. he was driving along, a possum ran out and he swerved to avoid damaging his front mount IC. he lost control, hit a tree (i think) and totaled the car. both stories should be a lesson to everyone: hit small animals :p
But did the FMIC survive the crash? But, yeah, I guess it's easier to get the front bumper skin replaced than to have the whole fender replaced. But it's just reflex to swerve from hitting stuff, I guess. Anyways, glad to hear you are OK, wedge, and hope you get the car back and running soon!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts