Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
Red 2007 BMW Z4 M-Coupe
1,332 Posts
From my experience struts will make the largest change in how the car feels and drives. Quality struts are well worth the money.

The rest can be highly subjective according to your budget, skill levels and overall goals with the car.

·
Premium Member
2010 Forester
1,280 Posts
Yeah, I was reading on spring rates, and the light bulb clicked in my head for that one, but I still have no clue about the struts, like what kinds of numbers there are, where to shoot for, etc...

·
Registered
MY00 STM 2.5RS Coupe
1,191 Posts
according to this, a lower and stiffer front end but stock rear end will cause more oversteer, no understeer as i originally would have assumed. Is this correct?

·
Registered
White 2000 Impreza OBS
78 Posts
Ok, decided not to make a thread for such a simple question...

If i get some struts (for ex. kyb agx) and use my stock springs in the winter (for the ground clearance).... at the end of winter could i swap in lowering springs? Then when winter comes about next year throw the stock springs back in, and so on? How much lower would i be with stock springs and kyb struts?

thanks!

·
Registered
2005 Subaru Impreza RS, 2.5 NA
113 Posts
Thanks so very much for the info... This has changed my decisions as to how to select which wheels to buy... With that said, maybe you can point me in the right direction concerning this issue I have..

I wanted to buy something along these lines initially:
1. 17x7 Front & 17x8 or 9 Rear (obviously a 5x100 bolt pattern fitment for a 05' Impreza RS)
2. Was preferring a lip style wheel

After reading your post..
1. Possibly a 16" wheel staggered size maybe a lip or not

QUESTION

Which way would you proceed for best performance and a hint of appearance?
Is getting a 16" or 15" wheel better than a 17"? I have heard the more rubber you have between the wheel and the ground is better since the tire "stretches"??? Or is a lower profile better for performance? I'm open for suggestions on wheel sizes and recommended brands.. Thanks

41 - 45 of 45 Posts