Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,852 Posts
fwiw, the old style tensioners can be converted/tossed in favor of the updated design. just have to change the bracket that mounts to block, and get the tensioner of course.

·
Registered
1997 Subaru Impreza OBS
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
fwiw, the old style tensioners can be converted/tossed in favor of the updated design. just have to change the bracket that mounts to block, and get the tensioner of course.
Are the older ones prone to failure? i guess i could use the one off my old ej22

·
Registered
1997 Subaru Impreza OBS
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Ok guys I'm almost there. So I'm having a crank no start and found out I am not getting spark. I tested the plugs and wires and not getting anything there. So i took a test light and tested this connector here. It connects to the coil pack

When my I m key on engine off i get voltage at the middle slot and nothing at the other two. So my question is what parts of this connector should be getting voltage and what shouldn't? because if that is normal I am almost certain my coil pack is toast. Can anyone help?

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,852 Posts
so, i looked at the pic before reading what you wrote. then read the first two sentences. thought to myself, "dude, you have to plug that in, of course you're getting a crank no start. DUH.."

i'm useless with electrical. so someone else will have to chime in. just thought you'd like a laugh at my expense.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1997 Subaru Impreza OBS
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
so, i looked at the pic before reading what you wrote. then read the first two sentences. thought to myself, "dude, you have to plug that in, of course you're getting a crank no start. DUH.."

i'm useless with electrical. so someone else will have to chime in. just thought you'd like a laugh at my expense.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Your the second person to say that to me lol. I had a couple people say yeah replace it so thats what im gonna do hopefully it fixes it and i can get this thing runnin!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts