Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
93 Subaru Impreza L
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With the New Year upon us, it is time for some changes in the garage. I’m going to need to make room for the newest addition to my car family (I’m planning on getting a BRZ) and I have to get rid of one of my old vehicles. Wife’s rules. So it looks like I’ll be getting rid of my 93 Subaru Impreza at the end of this year. For those who don’t know, this was my first project vehicle and first car. So I’m going to do a thread dedicated to me taking the car back to a somewhat stock look. Along with that I will be selling off all used parts on the car as well in a for sale thread that I will link to this one.

So here is a picture of what she currently looks like:

I will post for sales parts later this week and until the end of the year since I’ve only given myself till the end of this year to take the car apart.

·
Registered
93 Subaru Impreza L
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
WOW!! I've never seen that front bumper before, what kind of bumper is that....it really makes the look of the car.
The whole kit is a knock off Trial R kit without the wide body fenders.

Just removed the pillar pod with two carbon fiber gauges and an Weapon-R oil catch can. Will post the link with pics and prices later tonight.

·
Registered
93 Subaru Impreza L
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here is an update about what is going on with tear down of my Subaru:

2-28-2012

For the past couple of weeks I've been removing a lot of engine parts. Took apart the custom turbo setup and sold it. :( So now I'm down to just a 1.8 L natural air engine. Only things I left on the engine are my weapon-r cold intake system with ram air kit, Koyo radiator, ground kit, and some small parts. Feels a whole lot different and weaker.

On the suspension side, I removed my Brembo slotted rotors (which will be up for sale soon) with hawk performance pads. Instead I installed a set of Raybestos premium rotors with Raybestos brake pads. And yes, stopping power is a huge difference.

Here is a picture of how the engine bay looks now:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.