Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.2TS 4dr
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First things first. I don't like this car. I don't like that it never runs, I don't like that it never gets driven and I don't like that it's taking up space in the garage.

It is however a whole lot of fun, and since I can't talk GOTJ into coming to get the stupid thing, I'm gonna make a journal for it.

It's a 1971 MG B GT. It's in nice shape, rust free, and it came from Precision Sportscars a few years ago. (huge plug, those guys are awesome.) It's the 2+2 sports car, not the convertible, and it's relatively rare. 4 cylinder, not the V8.

What we've done so far:
-Paint. It's a navy blue color now, it was pale blue with a horrible gold stripe.
-Stereo. Sony stuff, custom enclosure for speakers so we didn't hack anything up

What it needs:
-Master brake cylinder

Future:
-Some kind of suspension. Moss Motors offers a few solid choices
-Brakes that didn't come off a covered wagon
-A real exhaust
-Real tires
-Wire wheels

Pics when I push it out of the garage.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

This is very similar, it was this color before paint. Same wheels, bumpers, etc. I'll get some pics tomorrow most likely.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Cell phone quickies from yesterday. I'm working on my parent's garage at the moment, needs to be done before the snow comes, after that I'll get this thing running and do a proper photoshoot, without the Baywatch Special pickup behind it.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I'm thinking that I'm going to completely take ownership of this thing. It started my mom's toy, but she replaced it with a Mini so she could drive it all year.

I have a thing for BRTCC type builds, I'm thinking I will get this from 75% to 100%, add some wire wheels, better suspension, tires from this century and commute/run errands/drive back roads in it in the summer. It's pretty important to me and it's cheap as hell to play with.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think it should be a pretty fun dd for the summer, once it's up and running. The issues it has really are just from sitting. I wish it was BRG sometimes.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've been neglecting this car (what else is new) because I'm in the process of qualifying as an air traffic controller. This will provide me with a ridiculously high annual income at 22, when I qualify in about 9 months. I'll be done with that soon enough and I'm hoping to DD it next summer. My Subaru also died so I bought a 2011 Corolla.

My sister wants this car, but she has no mechanical knowledge, a boyfriend who will probably **** it up, and no disposable income, so it's best that it stays with me because I can/will do it right. It's slow but I don't need crazy speed, and it's very fun to drive.

What needs to be done:
-Master brake cylinder
-Carb cleaned

What I want to do:
-Either re finish or replace the seats
-Wire wheels
-Real tires
-Real brakes

1 - 14 of 14 Posts