Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
Turbo, LS swapped Impreza RS
5,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Yeah its going to be an old ford truck 12 psi fuel pump.. I'm welding nipples off the Intake manifold for the rrfpr and boost gauge. Fuel pump is going to be wired into the ignition switch.

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
you gonna use any boost timing retard controller? I keep thinking there has to be a ghetto way to do one of those... though id imagine the options are a lot more limited on a bike
Probably not. Plans to run it really rich on 93 (maybe e85 ;) )

And about to chop the ugly looking up pipe flange and replace it with this snazzy vband.

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
This build is actually going on still even though it's owner now resides in Tennessee whilst I live in NH.

Long story short, I built a manifold, down pipe, intake manifold and we wired the bike. Upon starting it, the fuel pump blew out just about every seal in the carburetors. At this point we were weeks away from graduation so the bike was put on hold. I'm still very good friends with the owner so I'll still be playing a pivotal role in the bikes life. Once he's settle in his new job I'm going to build a new aluminum intake manifold and we're going to convert from blow through to suck through. After that it should be all set to go to fire up.

We're running an AEM stand alone wideband and AEM gauges to keep an eye on things and the plan is to run a single Harley carb for fueling. The wastegate is welded shut and no BOV. It's one big photo dump but I'll keep you guys updated.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
It has been more than 30 days.
As the story goes, we bit off more than we can chew. The bike and it's owner now live 900 miles away from me so its out of my hands unfortunately. I visited him last week and we ironed out what needs to be done to get it running but it's all up to him whether or not it gets worked on.

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Keep em coming guys I'm screenshotting these and sending them to Bryton (the owner)

41 - 60 of 60 Posts