Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
272 Posts
Hey Will, want to try springs on a truck? :D

I am currently looking for springs out of a newer wrecked one that are slightly shorter and have a stiffer spring rate. Would be nice to also get the Bilstein's that come with it.....and that 1" rear sway. hehe

P.S. Drum brakes suck! Especially if you try working on them yourself. Ask me how I know this.

· Registered
272 Posts
I know, I was talking to the guy over at AlleyCat for a while.....plus I remember hearing that you and April both had mini-trucks....I'm not looking to lower it so much as emulate the better suspension package that came out the year after mine was made (but same body style and everything else). If you have done any S10, then mine would probably be no different. Most of the GM stuff bolts up within like +/- 8 years or so. Makes finding parts pretty simple.... :)

I was thinking of a 1" block in the back just to drop it far enough to match the front, which should end up being about right if my guess is correct. :)

Shouldn't that also stiffen up the rear a bit as far as the spring goes? (Note: I don't have to do an axle-flip as my spring is already on the underside of the axle)

· Registered
272 Posts
Jah, I'm not planning to do this right away but I do intend on taking a crack at it sometime in the future. May seek professional help by that point. Doesn't sound too difficult; sounds much easier if someone who has done it before helps though. :)

I also agree to take responsibility for my own actions and screwups. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.