Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alignment

Kent,

It was a computerized deal. They had a print out, but I didn't ask to keep it (I did look at it). One of the technicians that actually did the alignment called me back to the bay and she said that I didn't have enough information to do the alignment to my specs (your and Bill's specs). She said something about needing tolerances and some other stuff:confused: . I wasn't sure what to tell her. Apparently she thought those settings were for oval track racing or something....lol. I think she was kind of confused as to what I wanted so I just told her to set it to factory settings (already on the comp. screen). They didn't even get started on it till after 5.......I think it was more like 5:30.

Bill stopped by on his way to Junior's and I told him what she had said about the settings. He said they could have done it with what I gave them...said they might have been bull crapping me. Honestly I think she didn't know how to set it up with just those settings. Probably all she knew how to set cars up with was factory settings (how they are trained, probably) It's ok, I can always go back..........like next week....haha.

I scanned the pamphlet I got over and it says I can get an alignment every 5,000 miles or whenever I "need" it. So I guess that means basically anytime.

Scenario:
Firestone alignment guy: "Uh, looks like you just had an alignment done 2 weeks ago."

Me: "yep"

*** (Firestone alignment guy) LOL: "Your car is fine, it's in spec"

Me: "I'll be back in 5 minutes, gotta go hit a curb"

Thanks again.

Aspen_2.5RS:)

p.s. spaghetti was good :).

· Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ryan

Ryan,

I just heard back from the dealership yesterday and they said that SOA said I needed to take the car back to where it was originally worked on (Hunter)...grrr. So I'm going to have to call SOA and see if I absolutely have to do that. And then I'll have to have it worked on. Can I hang on to this stuff till I get my tranny fixed? please??

Aspen_2.5RS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.