Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
YES!!!
YES!!!

Is it me or is the I-club really starting to suck. It's over run with ricers and I can't even use the word "riceboy"... it gets censored. I have to deal with Brian's and Jamie's smart ass remarks every time they close a thread, and some of the other moderators are even worse. You can't have a decent conversation in there anymore because it seems as though every moderator has their own financial interest in some product... so you can't give bad reviews to anything. I have decided that my I-Club decals are coming off of my rear windows..... TODAY.

-Roy

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hey man, leave it alone. The last thing we need here is more hate, so take it elsewhere.

And before someone tries to argue that it isn't hate, try opening your mind to appreciate a few of the more cosmetic mods out there. Granted some are silly, but others are pretty cool.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
8Complex... I'm going to use the same damn excuse that the ricers use:

It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

Putting big ass wings on cars that do absolutely nothing is freakin rediculous. Chrome anything is rediculous. Car shows for cars that cost under 30K are rediculous. Drag racing cars that can't break 12 seconds is rediculous.

And before anybody uses the stupid "you bought a car with a shopping cart wing and fake hood scoop and you complain about rice"... let me say this.

I bought a car with 165 hp, all-wheel drive, a fantastic suspension aftermarket, and a factory rear LSD.... and paid $21K for it. Unfortunately, I had to deal with a fake hood scoop (which is comming off soon) and a shopping cart wing (which I've grown to love because it blocks out the ricers superwhites and plasma blue "performance" headlight bulbs). Unfortunately, I also had to accept power windows, locks, mirrors, and a back seat, but hey, I can endure.

And yes, I HATE RICE.

--Roy

·
Registered
115 Posts
Putting big ass wings on cars that do absolutely nothing is freakin rediculous. Chrome anything is rediculous. Car shows for cars that cost under 30K are rediculous. Drag racing cars that can't break 12 seconds is rediculous.

Then all cars should be the same color, since color does nothing to improve performance.

Also no A/C, sunroof, leather seats/shift knob/steering wheel, carpeting.

And why even bother having a car that isn't as fast as a McLaren F1 - if you don't have the fastest car, then it's ALL show, isn't it?

Oh, and by the way, it's "ridiculous". Really helps your credibility.

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,537 Posts
Can't we just all get along?:whine:

C'mon, seriously, let's try not to hate here. And don't go pointing out the hypocricy of my name, it's a joke thing I use on the Subaru boards.

·
Retired Admin
Two Mini Coopers!
10,637 Posts
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion... I don't like a lot of things, so I just don't buy them.

If someone else does, well great, it's good for the economy and we could use that economic stimulation right about now.

What we should REALLY do is SELL that kind of stuff and make money off of them! :D

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just for the record, I don't care for rice either - but I find it amusing, not annoying. If they like to do that to their cars, fine with me. At an Auto-x this summer, several ricers showed up to watch and ended up with RiceCop tickets on their windshields. To their credit, most of them found the tickets funny.

And, by the way, my stock RS wing DOES produce downforce. I figure it weighs about 5 pounds, so even when I'm standing still, it's creating 5 lbs of downforce on the rear end.:p

·
Registered
2001 2.5RS
2,114 Posts
If people wanna rice out (god it's so nice to be able to say that)
then so be it...It just make it easier for some people to laugh at them:biggest:
I personaly like "rice"..big wings , big body kits...
It just makes it even more enjoyable to beat them when the don't have the power to back it up.

·
Registered
517 Posts
hey Gatchaponkei, if you hate rice threads so much, why did you resurrect one that is like 6 years old? why didnt you just let it be. lost forever in the RS25 archives. :lol:

·
Registered
99 M3
4,797 Posts
I hate rice threads all together. What's the point? some people will say this, others will say that. And most of us will say they can do what ever they want to do. I can understand people saying stuff like I hate rice in North Korea (heh Koreans hating rice?) where Kim says no Subarus will be riced out (though I doubt the have Subarus up there). I feel that if some one asks an a question about their own car looking for an opinion about something, by all means chime in. But when in general some one says RICE (dun dun duuuuuun). How many rice threads are there here alone?
Personally I think it's kinda like car racism...to take it in to extremes here.
....yeah, I think I'll go write a book now

what the hell were you searching?!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts