Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
JBCUSTOMS
2001 Impreza 2.5RS STM
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to put a test pipe (cat delete) on my 01 rs, but I don't want to throw a CEL. What is the best way (that is easily reversable for emmissions) to do this. I've seen the o2 sensor bypasses that send a signal to the computer saying the cat is working right regardless of emissions, but do those cause any runability problems? Also there are the o2 sensor spacers that set the o2 sensor out of the direct stream of exhaust flow. Any others? Anyone used any of these products or have experience with test pipes?

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
Yeah, you need the O2 delete, the spacer will only help if you have a high-flow cat. With no cat, the O2 spacer will do nothing. Hell, even with the spacer, I still get CELs every 100 or so miles with my HFC.

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
Shouldn't, since you are only deleting the rear O2 sensor, and the ECU uses the front O2 for making fueling decisions. The rear O2 is just to let the ECU know if the cat is operating properly, it's just for emissions stuff, so as long as the simulator sends the right signal to the ECU, you shouldn't even see any CELs.

·
Super Moderator
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
The MIL Eliminator was designed explicitly for cat delete pipes. So use it.

www.ponyexpressperformance.com

But I actually have a brand new one in the bag, that I never got around to selling. If you're interested, PM me. I don't take PayPal but I'll save you a few bucks off of what PEP charges.

....Though I'll have to find it.... :D

·
Registered
2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sp
7 Posts
ok, i'm in the same boat - already installed the borla replicas, stromung hi-flo cat and obx cat-back.. and after just under 300 miles i got a cel.. looked at pny express - looks like its for mustangs - is that a universal type piece.. also looked at the other two links - couldnt find it at boxer4, and the choices at daddysccp was for a 99-03 rs or wrx.. OR an 04+ wrx.. i have an 05 rs wagon.. help please?

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
co-driver girlie said:
ok, i'm in the same boat - already installed the borla replicas, stromung hi-flo cat and obx cat-back.. and after just under 300 miles i got a cel.. looked at pny express - looks like its for mustangs - is that a universal type piece.. also looked at the other two links - couldnt find it at boxer4, and the choices at daddysccp was for a 99-03 rs or wrx.. OR an 04+ wrx.. i have an 05 rs wagon.. help please?
Pony Express MIL Eliminator ONLY WORKS FOR CATLESS SETUPS. If you have a high-flow cat, IT WILL NOT WORK. Did you even bother reading the thread?

O2 spacer from rallitek is the best option for you.

·
Super Moderator
9,806 Posts
myhobbes25 said:
why are they so expensive...? Someone should make one for sale on rs25!
Exhaust shops can make them cheaper, though whether it'll be an OE-fit with flanges is another story. Maybe, maybe not.

·
Super Moderator
9,806 Posts
FalconRS said:
Pony Express MIL Eliminator ONLY WORKS FOR CATLESS SETUPS. If you have a high-flow cat, IT WILL NOT WORK. Did you even bother reading the thread?

O2 spacer from rallitek is the best option for you.
Or if you can't find something on the webpage, use the little "contact us" link. ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts