Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5 rs gc6 jdm ej205
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So it's about damn time I made one of these. I've never been much of a forum guy but its with the constant annoyance of certain forums... I think it's time to work on my full convergence to here.

So my car, is a 2000 Silverthorne Metallic 2.5RS sedan. I picked here up back in july of 2009 from some girl in monmouth, Or. I got the car for pretty cheap. Head gaskets were leaking, brake pads were worn, and there were no service records. So I haggled well and got a deal. The car had 138xxx when I bought it and now 2 years later and lots of maintenance and up grades she is still running strong at almost 188xxx.

I started with maintenance items. I pulled the motor and replace the head gaskets, valve cover gaskets, plug seals, water pump, tensioner, idlers, and t-belt.

Then I started with some upgrades. I got some 06 wrx 4 pots and slapped those on. And an sti rear sway bar.
Then came some cosmetic changes. Front lip, rear spats, coupe wing, and an sti grill straight from japan, even had some dead jdm bugs still stuck in the honeycomb.

Not too long ago I added the matching rear two pots and some 2011 wrx wheels and tires.
My Thread on the the 2 pot upgrade http://www.rs25.com/forums/f105/t158653-2-pot-upgrade-legit-way.html

The car quickly became a different animal. The wider rear stance and big meaty tires give such amazing grip for such a light car. I finally got a chance to take her out on the track for some laps.
I am a bit of an alignment guru at my shop and I love experimenting with my car. Currently I am running -1.8 camber up front with .15 toe and 2.7 degress of caster with -1.5 rear camber and 0 degrees of toe. I hope o get coils sometime to get a little bit lower ride height and get the front camber to -2.0.
Some Track vids
testntune - YouTube
testntune2 - YouTube

Currently there is a swap in the works. Nothing crazy but the power should be just right to make a well balance pavement pounding machine. The build for the motor goes as followed:
EJ25 semi closed block
2.5L axis light weight crank
Cosworth Rods
Cosworth bearings
Je Pistons
2.0L heads
04 2.0 inakte
TD04
04 wrx ECU
Next items to acquire are harnesses.

Some people I would like to thank for making my project a success so far are:
All Wheel Drive Auto in Kirkland, Wa.
Speedware Motorsports in Redmond, Wa.
Bartosh Imports in Vancouver, Wa.
Various members of Nazioc and RS25
Will Tanna of Will Tanna Photography
My Girl friend Katie Brown for wrenching, photography and smiles.
Ryan Duncan aka Dunkin for tech knowledge and motor build suggestions.

·
Registered
99 rustbox
1,042 Posts
ah ma gawd, i love it! its beautiful. nice work and theres boost :D!!

hows the fitment of those wrx wheels clearance etc? those look awesome i might have to pick some up.... (someone said they didnt fit in their coupe for some reason?)

really nice car!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys!

ah ma gawd, i love it! its beautiful. nice work and theres boost :D!!

hows the fitment of those wrx wheels clearance etc? those look awesome i might have to pick some up.... (someone said they didnt fit in their coupe for some reason?)

really nice car!!
No boost as of yet. But its coming together slowly.

It was quite a fiasco to get them to fit. I had to add 10mm spacers and longer studs in the rear in order to clear the struts. In the front i had to "massage" my lower spring perches in order to clear the tires. 2 days after doing that I drove 300 miles to the west coast subaru show with camping gear, dogs, and a canoe. I rubbed a lot. When I got home I pulled and rolled all 4 fenders. But now things clear great! :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Im still in love with those wheels! keep up the good work!
Me too, I do wish they weighed less though. Oh well more incentive to get boosted.

+1 on the wheels I thought those were 5x114
Nope just the good'ol 5x100.

is that an ebay lip?
Maybe, I got it from a local guy who realized it wouldn't fit a V4 bumper. It had been folded almost in half so it quite a lot of heat gunning to fit right.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wooo Hoooo Its update time!!!! A couple of weeks ago I picked up an 02 chassis harness. I already have it cut up and ready to splice in.

Annnnnd!!!! Some safety go fast bits! Stainless sparco harness and bar and a pair of 6 points!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well its been over 9 years since my last post. I think its time to update this a bit.

In the last 9 years my car has achieved the following:
350k miles on the chassis
Sti dccd cluster
Coilovers
short shifter
Aluminum front control arms
Whiteline rear lats
Jdm turbo forester 4.44 5 speed
Jdm ej205
05 sti front xmember and steering rack
Every. Single. Bushing.
Lhd airbag delete storage box