Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1361 - 1380 of 1748 Posts

·
Registered
2001, 2.5rs, STM
41 Posts
Saw your you tube modeling the diffuser aero. Have you considered messing with the angle of the exhaust so it helps the diffuser work?

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,362
Saw your you tube modeling the diffuser aero. Have you considered messing with the angle of the exhaust so it helps the diffuser work?
Nope lol. It's stil justl a street car in time attack clothing. Maybe in future I'll get some track time in. But I still doubt I'd mess with exhaust, when your cornering your generally not to much into the throttle anyway

·
95 Coupe, 95 Sedan & 95 Wagon
12,223 Posts
What's wrong with Autometer Bue? Vast majority of cup cars is them.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I think using the OEM gauges in a custom way on this baby is much better.

I am thinking a new plastic cover that is flatter, maybe plexiglass, then a LED light on the bottom hidden that lights up the glass all fancy like. Embed into the dash sort of.

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,365
playing with Racerender 3. Since im on a jdm rom, carberry, its the only way to overlay data on screen. It combines a datalog with a video. It can display anything you log. The basic version is free but doesnt have any boost gauge stuff so i might go and buy the pro version as the display options are limitless and customizeable

·
Registered
Turbo, LS swapped Impreza RS
5,171 Posts
They dont give you a whole lot of resolution with the 4 bar huh?

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,373
They dont give you a whole lot of resolution with the 4 bar huh?

its obviously less than a 3bar, but from what i hear they still run pretty well. Mine just runs so smooth down low i never wanted to upgrade but im sick of living on the edge of boost cut at 30psi where any little spike fuel cuts. so the 4 bar is for more head room, and i'll still target 30psi.

1361 - 1380 of 1748 Posts