Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

101 - 120 of 1743 Posts

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #103 (Edited)
With no fresh parts I'm left to just think, which is good sometimes since I get better ideas when I have 9 chances to look without building.

I think I figured out a solid removeable mount for the diff using some 1x2 tube and an energy 3.2126 bushing. I'll cut a plate that uses stock bolts and mount the plate to underside of diff, then run the tube up to the same cross pipe Im mounting trailing arms to. Then I can fine tune the driveshaft angle and weld it all in place

It's on wrong side but you get the idea

·
Registered
98 Impreza RS/04 FXT
191 Posts
Subbed, this is a heroic build thread! Can't get much more custom than full tube from scratch. Really curious to see what all of the Foz gets reused in the end.
But Autocad?? Even sales nerds like me at least use SolidEdge!

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #108 (Edited)
Rear uppers done. The whole thing now supports it's own weight on the tires and can roll. But I still need to make trailing arms. Forgot bushings on my desk.

Kinda upset with myself for not slotting the plates to adjust rear camber. Looking at it I probably couldn't slotted the holes 3/4"

·
Registered
266 Posts
Thanks to this thread I've spent more than a few bucks at HF. The old rear suspension from my L swap will now be the basis of my expedition trailer.

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
I draw them up and cut on a cnc plasma. I also have some scrap plate laying around for quickies, like last night when I found out I needed new control arm mounts

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
Pre-made gussets can be bought easily too ;)
Bought lol. I work for an industrial steel fabricator. I just pay wholesale for steel, or sneak some parts in the fall off peices we burn for jobs.even the tightest nest leave lil spots I can stick a gusset before the drop goes in the scrap bin.

Started adding some triangles, the thing already feels super stiff and it's barely welded.

101 - 120 of 1743 Posts