Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1161 - 1180 of 1743 Posts

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,163 (Edited)
I've been looking into way to log for years now that didn't involve a large laptop riding shotgun. I have the Torque Pro app but its strictly OBDII and since i use a Carberry ROM based off a JDM ecu, it doesn't work. So that leaves me with Romraider which requires Windows or SSM. So I order BtSSM for $15 on my Android phone. Now its just a matter of getting a cable adapter to go from my Openport 2.0 to the Usb'c port on my phone.

Link to some info regarding BtSSM and Subaru ECU's
New product announcement - BtSsm - NASIOC

Started playing with it. Might be looking to do a permit install with tablet

can enter custom log parameters (PID's)

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,166
Clips from my commute this morning. drilled some holes in the case to let some audio in. I need to find a lower mounting spot but theres nothing there to mount it to

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,734 Posts
The wood behind the 'EXOTRUCK' outline looks pretty good. You should put a piece behind it.

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,173
The wood behind the 'EXOTRUCK' outline looks pretty good. You should put a piece behind it.
something lighted maybe? and perhaps brakelight associated?
some like frosted clear plastic would probably catch the 3rd brake light lumens and glow a bit. not on the radar though. next up is wing and splitter

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,177
Fenders plan C in the works. Going to try Rollin without them but just in case they need to be put back on, I measured and they will fit on (2) 24x48 sheets. I can get clear lexan for like $20 a sheet in .125 and it should roll to shape if warm enough.

·
Premium Member
2001 Subaru Impreza L coupe
770 Posts
Yay videos. Awesome to see you driving it to work when you can.

That BtSSM looks cool. Will it show min/max values while live monitoring? Like it always shows the current value of whatever you’re looking at, and also keeps track of the min/max without having to open a log and check?

I want to eventually sell my accessports and switch to open source, but still have that min/max live view ability. I’d feel blind without it

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,179
Ya it has min max shown. The gauges aren't as customizeable as torque pro but the data is better and much more available. It even has learning view and will log anything romraider can. I even have it set up to read my wideband, fuel and oil pressures with custom parameters. AP will probably always win in the protune world and live tuning area but there's nothing holding me back with opensource

·
Premium Member
2001 Subaru Impreza L coupe
770 Posts
Terry's Tube-a-Ruu 500hp Exotruck

Ya it has min max shown. The gauges aren't as customizeable as torque pro but the data is better and much more available. It even has learning view and will log anything romraider can. I even have it set up to read my wideband, fuel and oil pressures with custom parameters. AP will probably always win in the protune world and live tuning area but there's nothing holding me back with opensource

Anything is more customizable than the accessport. You get a max of 6 monitors that you can’t change how the gauges look, and no custom monitors. This BtSSM looks like it can do almost everything the accessport can and some extras. I was reading that nasioc thread you linked and it seems like the data is pretty fast and responsive too.

There’s not even a way to log a wideband for 16 bit with an accessport, without having a laptop and spaghetti mess of wires everywhere. You can log the voltage and convert it later but that’s lame.

The real time live tuning is nice and all, but I’d rather have flex fuel and the other cool stuff open source has. Plus I really like how the timing is set up in carberry. The accessport/accesstuner is a good product....easy to use and learn with....just has its limits for 16 bit

1161 - 1180 of 1743 Posts