Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1121 - 1140 of 1748 Posts

·
Registered
Cheap Kitchens
1,889 Posts
That sounds like a driveshaft issue not exhaust but I'm just some dude on the internet

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,122
I took muffler off last night and hopped on highway. Vibration was gone. So now im redoing axle back to handle rubber mounts. It needd narrowed so it doesnt rub sides and the tailpipes will need rotated down so the muffler can sit higher. It will probably sag 1/2" or so warm so im trying to plan for that

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,123
Hung by rubbers. Think i need a flex section. The vband that attaches muffler holds it up so rubber doesnt do much of anything but center it. Im not so confident it wont bounce up and rattle. A flex section should allow weight to sit on rubber mounts

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,125
it was a little nerve wracking welding over the vta fuel tank and an inch away from the fuel fill tube. Wasnt sure how much protection the tshirt i put over tank was going to give me. The flux sparks were flying everywhere

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,127 (Edited)
as much protection as your welding pajamas probably
I was. I tend to work better in jammies. Easy to move around

I took jammies to homedepot too and picked up a two pack of grade 8 shoulder bolts in a M12x1.75x25. To finally replace the diff bushing studs. For years I been using my old bushing sleeves as spacers on the GD mustache bar

can see old studs here. the lug nuts used as nuts were aslo hitting muffler. figured it was time they go

·
Registered
2001, 2.5rs, STM
41 Posts
While that is apart, could you cut up the subframe and raise the inboard lateral link mounting points about an inch? It would really help your roll center.

as much protection as your welding pajamas probably

I took jammies to homedepot too and picked up a two pack of grade 8 shoulder bolts in a M12x1.75x25. To finally replace the diff bushing studs. For years I been using my old bushing sleeves as spacers on the GD mustache bar

can see old studs here. the lug nuts used as nuts were aslo hitting muffler. figured it was time they go

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,132
While that is apart, could you cut up the subframe and raise the inboard lateral link mounting points about an inch? It would really help your roll center.
i wanted to then started to wonder how it would effect axle travel. My thoughts were it eould push amd pull more if not parrellel

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,136
short crappy clip from commute this morning. Think i might upgrade the old asus phone for the new oneplus 6t tmobile just launched. And pick up a used gopro or something

1121 - 1140 of 1748 Posts