Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

61 - 80 of 1743 Posts

·
Registered
Turbo, LS swapped Impreza RS
5,169 Posts
It's taken an entire cage, trunk floor, firewall, and tube tunnel for me to finesse it Brian. Last I remembered, you weren't complaining about my "finesse" .

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,852 Posts
come cage my wagon. while keeping the interior intact and retaining access to the rear seats. on the free.99 tip. and we can talk ALLLLLL you want about finesse.

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
i could use some more tig finess. A pedal might have helped too, still using that torch trigger since im never planted on a stool. A variable torch trigger would be the shit.

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
Brian - Add 2.5k$ to free.99 and you have yourself a deal.

Terry - a variable thumb trigger would vastly improve your outlook on TIG.

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
drew up this weekends progress in cad to scale so i cna do some more planning. Aslo drew up my transmission mount bracket and rear crossmember mount brackets. Running low on 1.66OD. Didnt help that it took 3 tries to mirror the front fender pipe

greens done, red is next.

·
Registered
1998 GF8, 2003 BH9
156 Posts
This is so cool. Everything about this project would be downright illegal in Australia.

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
through in a couple more tubes last night so i can layout and measure the upper strut mounts. I got it drawn up and its should get burned today, maybe.

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
How thick are you making the strut tower plates?

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
How thick are you making the strut tower plates?

7ga-3/16" A572 Gr50. They also have vertical caps that arent shown running from pipe to pipe to stiffen it and close the ends off so i can put perf or soemthing in the voids

61 - 80 of 1743 Posts