Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

421 - 440 of 1748 Posts

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #423
They will have both ends there, or you can do 2 male ends and a threaded long hex thing (insert technical name here) in between to adjust.

It's Sunday, shopping day! Go get 'em tiger.
The male rod ends only came in 3/8-24 and the lh/rh coupler only in 3/8-16. Wtf McMaster. Gonna look into these headlight adjuster yellow mentioned. Or try my luck with a male center and female ends

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #429
since im flipping my manifold back around to face backwards, i want to flip my alternator back to stock. But i dont want to use the power steering bracket tensioner. I dont have power steering and the bracket blocks that oil port i use for temp sensor. Im actually going to move the temp sensor to the rear top oil port but i still dont want the power steering bracket so i'm trying to piece together a tensioner to either mount to the red hole or the blue hole, blue hole requires a little bracket to be made but no biggy, it would also have a better angle at tensioning the alternator.

·
Registered
2000 Sti Version6
99 Posts
damn, that is some impressive rethinking of subaru's engine bay packaging. pardon the interruption, an interesting build. will follow. nice work man.

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #431
i dont have to worry about packing anymore but with manifold the way it was, the intake hump was too far forward. flippeing it back to stock helps streamline the front end as much as i can for what it is

·
Registered
Turbo, LS swapped Impreza RS
5,171 Posts
pretty disappointed in the coupling im finding, they dont give my much room to get belt on the tension it

If you're looking for a heim style alternator tensioner, a datsun 240/6/8 uses that exact style.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

421 - 440 of 1748 Posts