Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 40 of 1743 Posts

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,281 Posts
Seems like there would be some kind of requirement for doors...safety exit reasons. Even wranglers have doors, crappy and removable as they are.

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Made brackets an inch too long. That's what I get for trying to remember hole spacing dimension. And didn't have time to get more pipe yesterday so off to a much slower start than I like

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
Gettin some small stuff done. Finalized bends on crossmember mounting pipe and got bracket on.

Then worked on one of the two control arm mounts. Fit some flat bar in tube notcher and cut into at about 30 degrees to hug pipe darn near perfectly. Need to go get a new 1/2" drill bit

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
So pumped this going to be a truck.
me too, differnent and should make fab a little easier

wouldn't you want to get the frame done and then work on the inside the frame stuff?
bare minimum rolling chassis is first priority. But i need the rear cab hoop to mount pipes to that supports the top of the rear struts. I need to know where my driver seat goes to mount rear cab hoop, and i need to know where pedals go to know where seat goes...and so on.

If i leave the firewall the way i first imagined it, the pedals would be where those two blocks of wood are, and my seat would be back there against gas tank. That would the rear tire like 10" behind me making for a silly looking truck. So i have to push everything forward which puts the pedals up into the firewall. It complicates fab but it is what it is.

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,852 Posts
that's kind of my point. why not build the truck first. then make the rest of it fit the truck. get the truck looking how you want it, then the rest will just kind fall into place.

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
now i gotta go to grandmas after work today. WHEN WILL I HAVE THE TIME TO GET MY PIPE LORD.

first batch is 125' of 1.66" OD, 42' of 1.315" OD and 21' of 1.05 OD. Hoping this gets me a rolling chassis

21 - 40 of 1743 Posts