Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

361 - 380 of 1742 Posts

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #362
There's going to be some fenders. Not a lot room for sides. It should look exactly like the rendering

Or the sides by strut mounts, that is the perf area

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #366
Reweighed it with better settings in the scales. Switched to high capacity and got the chassis a little more level. Getting happier, and most of the weight left goes in the beds so I should finish out around 2100 pounds and 58/42 area distribution.

Front

Rear

Also made the wife a list so we can negotiate some garage time so I'm not rushed on the finishing details

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #371
Played around with my engine harness last night flipping it back around to normal facing. I guess i wrapped it based on reverse mounted so im going to need to unwrap and redo the whole thing. Started making some space int he garage, a lot of old kids seats and strollers and bird cages and stuff went up to the attic. Tomorrow should be somewhat nice, Im hoping to pull the motor and trans and get the to the back of the garage. Then once i get a nice weekend i can push the chassis outside and drop the suspension and start welding the bottom. Once its all welded I can put some paint on it and start running fuel lines, brake lines and wiring.

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,713 Posts
Attic? Sell that stuff (with the kid(s)) and finish some projects! :lol:
I don't think we any of us can talk shit to Terry about finishing projects! He's been through 3 motors, 2 transmissions, 2 engine management systems and now is halfway done building a tube frame in the time it's taken me to swap my car.

·
95 Coupe, 95 Sedan & 95 Wagon
12,128 Posts
I have caged 2 and swapped 3 and stage 3 STi's, 2 strage 2 STi,s and next is my forester, stage 2 for my 76 year old auntie :D

I just don't post -_-

I pulled my GD threads off IWSTI and Socalsubies after I sold them. First rally car link is in the second build.

Oh i'll update more this weekend... big job interview Thursday and I am so focused on that...

PS I love OP so I love to tease him ;)

Tickle the ... NVMD

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #378
Made some wiring progress over the weekend. There's a separate thread since I don't want that clusterfuk over here. Even after the diet, there's a boat load of wiring to hide in a very transparent tube chassis. I'm getting anxiety from it

361 - 380 of 1742 Posts