Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

341 - 360 of 1743 Posts

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #349
Lil front end work now that flu is in the past. This phone (lgv30) has a weird wide-angle lens so anything close looks bigger, and since I'm in tiny garage, it looks better in person ;)

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #356
Would a turbo version give you more room or less? The one where the inlet is in the middle more.
I was avoiding the turbo version for two reasons. One, I figured the center inlet would interfere with my reversed manifold. And two, I dont have the upper reservoir tank so i didnt need the extra nipple on the radiator.

But now that i flipped manifold back i could use the center inlet rad but not sure if alternator belt will clear since i've really reduced the space there.

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,852 Posts
are you going to put the alt back in it's OE location? and do you know the size of the belt need for it? iirc it was a 27. but i really can't remember exactly, and i can't find the thread where it's talked about for the people that have deleted their power steering.

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #358
are you going to put the alt back in it's OE location? and do you know the size of the belt need for it? iirc it was a 27. but i really can't remember exactly, and i can't find the thread where it's talked about for the people that have deleted their power steering.
yup, i used to run the alternator by itself in the middle. Though i had pic with the belt number but cant find it, but im pretty sure that ultra low mileage belt is in the garage of the belt hook. Pat i discussed it a while back, pretty sure its in his eg33 impreza thread

http://www.rs25.com/forums/f145/3346360-post592.html

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #360 (Edited)
Gotcha on the rad. Talking out of my ass, was the same gen Legacy rad any different? I would assume the mounting points on bottom would match. Plus I know you may be looking for a replacement... :[
They got an oe 06 for $40 too so I'm not too worried about. Differences seem to be subtle, like direction of slush box cooler nipples and stuff. The fan I have for it fits 03-08 so that's my range.

Side note, made a paper template for hood. Tried drawing mine from measurements but I missed a couple triangle dimensions, plus all the corners are radiusessi's, I didn't wanna waste a sheet of aluminum. It's not the prettiest template but it should get me into old land rover body gap range which is good enough for me.

10.5 x 54 x 47

341 - 360 of 1743 Posts