Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

321 - 340 of 1743 Posts

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #325
couple design changes. Swapping out side panels with smoked instead of translucent white for contrast. ANd hoods going to be a simple flat aluminum skin with a hole for the manifold covered up by a giant GD hood scoop.

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,852 Posts
omg. you don't need a stupid retardo hood scoop with a FMIC.

just say no.

if anything find something to mount there to draw the air through the rad/IC and up and out of the hood. like the WRC cars do.

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #328
omg. you don't need a stupid retardo hood scoop with a FMIC.

just say no.

if anything find something to mount there to draw the air through the rad/IC and up and out of the hood. like the WRC cars do.
lol. I need something to cover the intake manifold that is 2" higher than a flat hood. The hood will have a hole int he middle of it so it can shut but rules say entire engine must be covered

the trubo is actually higher than the hood too, but i can probably get away with just a lil hole to clear compressor cover

·
Registered
99' WRB GC8 WRX - TooLazy
1,375 Posts
I'm actually with Brian on this one, even though its your build so obviously do your thing. I'd vote for a raised middle section like a cowl hood

Edited*

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Turbo, LS swapped Impreza RS
5,169 Posts
Going to have to go with a cowl as well. I'm biased though since I need one too .

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,734 Posts
BIG STUPID GD SCOOP!! BIG STUPID GD SCOOP BACKWARDS!! I have one you can have.

321 - 340 of 1743 Posts