Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

281 - 300 of 1742 Posts

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
Slow day. Went and did the lower rad/fmic support during nap time. Unwrapped seat and put the brackets on and set it in place. Feels good but I need some non rushed time to mount everything

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,852 Posts
i feel like i remember talking to you in chatbox about this one. so much awesomeness work, only to be covered by a stupid body. me personally think it looks a million times better as just a bare frame. the body kills it.

·
Registered
Turbo, LS swapped Impreza RS
5,166 Posts
I'm going to have to contradict Brian. I think the body is icing on the cake.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 WRX STi Type-R
166 Posts
Awesome build!
Have you thought about adding connection from main hoop to rear strut tops?
It would be awesome to dress it in actual Forester pannels, although it's probably lots of work...

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #292
Ya I've thought about tieing the roof to rear struts a few times. I probably will. The weight is really starting to even out front/rear and with the custom Feal's I'm getting it should handle pretty dam well

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #294
I have a powder coater but if I know myself it will never be "done" and powder coat doesn't touch up well. Just ditched the Ridgeline light idea and formed up a new front end. I need to weld it up but the 1 yr old wasn't cooperating.

·
95 Coupe, 95 Sedan & 95 Wagon
12,114 Posts
Brah, if you have an industrial oven to fit that whole frame, you have been hiding out on us!

DIY is cool, but I am talking about having if professionlally done.

I go to a place that does whole car frames, BEAUTIFUL.

Having painted 3 cages myself, paint sucks. I just found a 1.5*2 inch piece on the floor this weekend, from the bottom inside of the lower x on the back of the driver side. No traffic, in and out, or anything there to touch or rub. Just fell off. Metal behind it super clean.

Sigh. Spray paint touch up but yea, you can see the hole and the outline, etc.

I hate paint.

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #296
I don't have one personally but at work we have a 20x30 blast booth and paint room or we go to precision powder coating by airport or up to thomarios for real big shit.

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #298
New front bar fit up. Couple verticals will go in on each side of the rad. And then some framing to make it look like a front end. I need a real low profile 1 1/2" upper rad hose.

281 - 300 of 1742 Posts