Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

261 - 280 of 1743 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Foz, 96 Imp
33 Posts
Your truck is coming along great! I was wanted to throw in that I used to go through hole saws pretty quickly due to broken teeth on both Milwaukee and Lennox hole saws. I changed my method of cutting at a slow speed and using oil to running my drill at WOT in 2nd gear because it reduces chattering which is what seemed to be breaking teeth and applying oil seems to be a waste of time unless you had a constant flow of it like band saw coolant. I haven't had to replace any hole saws since I started doing that. My wrist was happier too. Also, imo the Lennox saws are better than Milwaukee. Keep up the good work!

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
Your truck is coming along great! I was wanted to throw in that I used to go through hole saws pretty quickly due to broken teeth on both Milwaukee and Lennox hole saws. I changed my method of cutting at a slow speed and using oil to running my drill at WOT in 2nd gear because it reduces chattering which is what seemed to be breaking teeth and applying oil seems to be a waste of time unless you had a constant flow of it like band saw coolant. I haven't had to replace any hole saws since I started doing that. My wrist was happier too. Also, imo the Lennox saws are better than Milwaukee. Keep up the good work!
thanks. ya i run at half speed in 1. the dewalt saws i was using were always a little out of round where the rolled the material into a circle, that caused a lot of issues. And ya, the side of me knee hurts from slapping the battery into it all the time. I found the milwaukes to be much better, havent broken a tooth yet. My dad always says, it you aint making chips, your dulling the blade so i just plunge it in there

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
Been in talks with the guys at Feal Suspension. Looks like theyre going to make me a set of 441 style coilovers with some custom tubes and valving for the truck. The price isnt too bad, and im getting a decent ride, decent service and something built for the height and weight so cant complain. Just got to get it up to the exact ride height and take some better measurements. Im goign to order a heavy duty scale too so i can at least attempt to corner weight the truck.

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #270
I think I've finally decided on lights. Going to fit 2008 Honda Ridgeline lights into the frame. They look like they fit where i want them and they also look like they take all the same bulbs so i dont even have to splice the harness. Fronts and rear cheaper that a just a set of decent haedlights and i know they will pass DOT come inspection time

261 - 280 of 1743 Posts