Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

241 - 260 of 1743 Posts

·
Registered
Turbo, LS swapped Impreza RS
5,169 Posts
The weight of the mesh versus paneling is a good idea, although I personally would think aluminum sheet would be more appealing to the eye.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #246
I think it will look good once its all white. Thats stainless perf so i dont have to worry about getting good paint coverage in all the lil holes. Aluminum would be nice but its a little harder for me to get without buying and i cant weld it to the steel.

I ordered 100 of these yesterday to mount the translucent white acylic sheets into the door bar areas and that bigger triangle behind door

got the ones with 3/8 holes

·
95 Coupe, 95 Sedan & 95 Wagon
12,177 Posts
I have a ton of those left over from window net kits LOL

You get 4 and only use 2. Tabs that is.

And no Mr George, not post whoring this time :lol:

Just being a real e-dick and saying it's not pleasant looking IMO only.

With good criticism comes the bad haha.

Still a A+++ project :D

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #249 (Edited)
Beds framed, came out better than I thought. I grabbed some old 1/2" round bar, heated them up with tig and bent them into 90's. Then used them to make lil trusses to support the angles better. I could put the last two braces in the rear window area but I think I'm done for today.

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
Are you stripping the whole side teeth or at the arbor? Once I started using cutting oil I never stripped any teeth, and to combat stripping the Arbor I would put two Mig tacks between the adapter and the hole saw just to take up some load.

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
Stripping arbor. It was my fault I forgot washer again. Without washer the arbor only get 2 of the 3 teeth. I picked up a Milwaukee hole dozer hole saw and its holding teeth way better than the dewalts, it still has them all actually after this weekend's progress. Now it's welded to shaft now since arbor stripped. Did a lot of 60 degree cuts too, those are real hard on it since it use so much projection.

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
Bue you misspelled CNC laser cutter.

Terry: 50°+ always suck to do with a hole saw notcher. I use paper templates and an angle grinder for those extreme notches.

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #258
If I took my time on the 3D sketch I could have used a tube laser. I could actually remeasure the frame, adjust my sketch, big a jig table and mass produce these like an 818

241 - 260 of 1743 Posts