Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
201 - 220 of 1,753 Posts
I've never seen a cage fail directly because of it being ERW. It's generally incorrect nodes.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #203 ·
Got a couple mounts done in tunnel. And the trailing arms welded. Need some white paint then I'll slip bushings in and bolt them in.

And I think I might go with an aftermarket parking brake handle for looks.

Discussion starter · #207 ·
Played around with my steering u joint last for another hour trying to get the rough spot out. Just gonna have to live with it I guess untill I build my own cross member that let's me rotate the rack down a little to take some angle out. Drawback of lowering everything down into racecar position

Played around with my steering u joint last for another hour trying to get the rough spot out. Just gonna have to live with it I guess untill I build my own cross member that let's me rotate the rack down a little to take some angle out. Drawback of lowering everything down into racecar position
There's plenty of meat in the subframe to cut out to make room for a rotated rack.

Purely a suggestion but a 98-02 ford ranger has a fiberglass bed that would be pretty close to your current bed dimensions. I've got one if you need measurements [emoji848].

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #214 ·
Hardy har har. Im pretty much down to finishing rear diff mount, rear sway bar mounts and mounting the ebrake handle. Then I put the X's and turn it into a real jungle gym.

201 - 220 of 1,753 Posts