Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
181 - 200 of 1,753 Posts
Discussion starter · #182 ·
Yellow is good, means it's not final ;)

Since you are not the first to do a tube build, sorry to burst your bubble, I am sure you can find a plethora of solutions that even I don't have to tell you to keep away from []
It's just to bolt a fiberglass seat to. I could probaby get away with a piece of flat bar. I wish I could put peices in the bottom of tunnel in case of a side impact. Then those seat bars would have some structural value but for now, it's a seat mount.

I assume you are mounting the seats on side mounts, right? You can get some nice think strap, keep it small, for 3''. Plus you have the tube strength to the trans tunnel. Want to go overkill, run 4 smaller bars between the 2 running across, maybe 1.5'', then lay the strap on that plating the top and still having access below.

May be the ticket right there

Discussion starter · #189 ·
time to dig out some old parts. I think i'm going to go back to rear facing manifold so i can take some more of the "walrus" out of the front end.

White makes easy to find leaks, cracks, etc.

You have a TIG now, a AWIC hidden in the cowl would be sweet and let you run a standard direction manifold.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

White makes easy to find leaks, cracks, etc.

You have a TIG now, a AWIC hidden in the cowl would be sweet and let you run a standard direction manifold.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
It would also allow you to run the heat exchanger anywhere you wanted.

Like, say, the tailgate.

Discussion starter · #195 ·
Sure makes things a lot easier thats for sure.

I actually just got another idea. Goona look into taking the stock cluster out of the case and cutting a housing for it

Discussion starter · #200 · (Edited)
its 1020 erw, same material as regularDOM, its just not drown over a madrel for tolerances. Yeild 55250, tensile 64860. but im using .140 wall

If i take a peice of my tube 1.66OD x .140 wall, It would hold 43,359 lbs
A peice of A513 Typ 5 DOM in 1.75OD x .120 wall would hold 43,015, or more. I dont have a cert for it, just going by spec. Saving a few pounds in weight wasnt worth spending 3-5x more in material to me.

181 - 200 of 1,753 Posts