Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
'06 LGT
8,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although not yet an official meet just yet, it would be good to gauge some interest.

imprezsing04 and myself have been in the planning stages of this for a bit now, and would like to open it up for suggestions.

Once we can atleast figure out who would be interested in going, we can move o from there as far as ironing out more details. But essentially we were thinking of a GC/ skyline drive invasion.

Orginally I was thinking October 25th, this would allow lots of planning, and would also incorperate the change in seasons and the cooler weather, which I definetly would plan to welcome.

If you guys have any other suggestions feel free to leave them in this thread.

·
Registered
2010 STI [I miss my BRP GC8]
33 Posts
That's a great idea. I was also planning to do that when the leaves change colors. I'm in as long as we agree to drive responsibly.

You guys thinking of doing any food? I've always meant to hit one of the little mom & pop restaurants on the way.

This is an awesome photo-op too.

·
Registered
'06 LGT
8,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's a great idea. I was also planning to do that when the leaves change colors. I'm in as long as we agree to drive responsibly.

You guys thinking of doing any food? I've always meant to hit one of the little mom & pop restaurants on the way.

This is an awesome photo-op too.
Driving responisbly is a must...

post-summer cookout/photoshoot?
Exactly.

·
Registered
08 Legacy, 93 L w/ej20g
1,230 Posts
Alright, so it seems like we may have enough GCs interested.

We were thinking of opeing this up to all subies but thinking we may want to keep it GCs only because we are always under represented at meets and how awesome would it be to go on the highway with 10+ gcs in a row?

Also, this originally was supposed to be just a photo meet and after thinking about locations and mentioning skyline, we figured it could be a nice cruise and shoot.

is saturday or sunday better for everyone?

also, we can discuss food but I feel like coordinating grill and food and coolers may be hard. but we could stop at a restaurant or if everyone is interested, we can grill there if there are grille or somewhere in between? or before?

again, this thread is for ideas,opinions, and comments, so please, let us know what you guys wanna do so that we can get a nice gc representation and so we can get pics together.

btw credfield, you can ride shoty in my car....or maybe you want to ride with someone with a faster car lol

·
Registered
2001 2.5rs coupe BRP
73 Posts
either sat. or sun. is good for me. but if you do it on sun. i can get some of the subaru guys from around here to go. saturdays are usually work days for alot of us.

·
Registered
'06 LGT
8,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Still in the planning stages, so if you guys can't make some days post up whats good for you.

After enough interest is asserted We'll create a poll in which we can decide on the final date.

I agree, although it would be awesome to have a bbq of sorts, it may just be too much to plan for a one day adventure. Although a stop at a local resteraunt may be plausible.

·
Registered
'06 LGT
8,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hopefully in Shenadoah National Park which is located from Virginia. Although it would be awesome if people from the Mid-A region wanted to join in.

I think Sundays work better for a few people, But Saturdays are still an option as well. Give us your feed back...

Saturday or Sunday?

·
Premium Member
MY98 2.5RS Coupe Brilliant Red
880 Posts
^^^ I call BS. There is NO way you can take pictures like that while driving. :p

I can bring my gear out as well and take some shots, depending on the day/time and things. The car should easily be done by then, so we'll see. I'll check in to this thread periodically.

·
Premium Member
'98 RSTI, '14 XV Hybrid
2,955 Posts
imprezsing04 and myself had talked about this a few days ago also.

I was also planning on having a wrenching day at my garage in WV, its roughly 120miles from skyline but its a nice drive.

Ill also have my camera gear with me

·
Registered
1999 subaru impreza 2.5rsti
23 Posts
Sunday works for me. I have a wedding on saturday. I might be able to get two more people from up here to go too.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts