Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Impreza OBS
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I started looking for an RS about a year ago and had a really tough time finding one in my area. My 97 Saab 900 was a great car but reliability was up in the air and it wasn't extremely fun to drive. So my search continued until I stumbled across a BRP on this forum. It was in Chicago which is about a 6 hour drive for me but it was not even a question. I picked up the car later that week and was a proud Subaru owner.

This was when i first got it home-

It came with a Borla exhaust, Stromung high flow cat, Rallispec short ram, the basic bolt ons. The first thing I did was transfer over my Pioneer head unit and also my amp and sub. I also ordered a Kartboy shift knob to make the interior feel more like my own. I was set for a month or 2 until the mod bug started to kick in. I hated the nasty stock wheel gap I had and lets be honest, our cars aren't the fastest things around so i thought suspension would be the best bet. I ordered KYB AGX's with Eibach pro kit springs and decided to install my self. I also painted my stockers gold around the same time and I think that really enhanced the looks of my car. Heres some pics of that and the after.

Engine bay-

Two RS's in the garage, never a bad thing.

Now I'm just enjoying my Subaru and am itching for some boost. Hopefully a swap within a few years if all goes as planned. Updates as they come.

Just put in leather RS seats and it really has cleaned up the look of my interior. pictures to come.

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Impreza OBS
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah I have an adjustable rear sway, strut tower bar, and short throw shifter as well so its a fun car. It's getting close to time for a new clutch though.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
MY16 Impreza Sport Limited
4,773 Posts
what color did you use for the rims? but sweet ride, i want to paint my car brp!

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Impreza OBS
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Updates

So it's been quite a while since I have updated this so let's get to it. First things first I got rid of the cloth interior and replaced it with some RS leathers. They look much better but aren't so great when you're tearing up the twisties. I find myself one cheekin' it far to often.

Also added a few Autometer gauges as a weekend project.

My all season tires were pretty shot so the closeout on the RE-01R's couldn't have been more timely. Picked up a set of those and couldn't be happier with them.

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Impreza OBS
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Two weekends ago we painted ajrally's intake manifold so I decided I would dress up my engine a bit too. I wanted to go bright just to have some fun with it. I think it turned out pretty good but I don't know how long I'll be keeping the green. I really like the black manifold though.

So this is how she sits as of now. I would like to maybe drop the car a bit more for a more aggressive stance but I do like the handling and performance of the ProKit. A ver.6 lip is also in the near future along with some rear spats.

Any and all comments are appreciated.

·
Registered
2005 WRB STi
445 Posts
That thing is coming together nicely. Those tires are wicked on those gold 6 spokes. At the time when I was going to paint my wheels I had decided that the 6 spokes did not look good gold so I went with 04 WRX wheels, but that changed my mind seeing yours.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts