Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
00rs and 97 GF8 L wagon
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tanabe gF210 Front and Stock springs on Rear

Would this setup be okay for daily driving? I have an L wagon and I don't like how the rear is a bit lower than the front. I'm thinkin just putin back the stocks on the front

Spring Rate for Gf210: Front (3.5kg/mm)

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,848 Posts
what will happen, i think, is that when you hit little road imprefections the front will remain planted, and the rear will kinda bounce...almost as if you had a live rear axle. remind me of my dads 4Runner. it does the same thing...the front will just absorb, but you can feel the ass end hop and skip along. it almost feels like the rear tires are going to slide out form under you.

·
Registered
00rs and 97 GF8 L wagon
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks George.
I'm still hesitant on doing the washer mod. You still haven't had any issues? Do you know anyone else that did the washer mod for rear suspension.

I want to do it but I can't decide if I want to put washsers on the strut piston or mounting bolts.

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,848 Posts
i have it the first way. which is on the strut itself. i think here in the next couple days i'm going to add the ones on the strut top. several other people are using the mod...for the life of me i can only remember that FalconRS is...

i've had the mod done for about a year now...with no issues what so ever.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts