Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Subura 2.5 RS
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Kentucky and back and forward to Chicago, but in Kentucky everyone and they moma have a straight pip on there trucks and stuff, they don't care around here, but in your case in Cali, Heard they don't play with emmission laws out there, People are telling me that I will not have a lost of Tq, but I think I don't want to find out so I will just go with a full system and call it a day, I'm new to the 2.5RS so learning as I go, I guess I do that and a cold air intake, any other not expensive mods I should be looking at for a little power?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Yeah they are a little on the strict side with emissions laws out here to say the least. But like so many other things it’s all about who you know. I still have a CAT on my car so I don’t know first hand but it I remember hearing that removing the CAT moves the power band up in the rpm range. As far as I’m concerned this equates to a lose of low-end torque. I would ask someone who has first hand knowledge. As far as inexpensive mods are concerned I would focus on suspension. You can make your car a lot more fun to drive for not a whole lot of money. Maybe look into under drive pulley sets too.

·
Registered
Subura 2.5 RS
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tall! I finished converting my suspension to the full STI Japan specs., my older borther has a modified Jetta VR6 thought he had a great suspension set up, but he drove my RS and said it's the best handling car he ever road in, he thinks it fells better than his friends 911 Turbo with sports suspension, and my friends 540, my 2.5 RS has no body roll what so ever, but in a straight line, well... I have to stick to curved roads to clown people, but now, it's time to start on the engine, no money for Turbo, maybe in a year or two:drool:

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
may i suggest PM, AIM, or the live chat room.

just kidding :lol: :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts