Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to take my doors off and then take the panels off the doors. i was searching the forums and couldn't find a solution. can someone give me a step by step of removing my doors and taking my panels off? Thanks a lot!

· Premium Member
2002 2.5 RS-T
3,814 Posts
I wanted to take my doors off and then take the panels off the doors. i was searching the forums and couldn't find a solution. can someone give me a step by step of removing my doors and taking my panels off? Thanks a lot!
not sure about the doors but the panels are easy.....on my 02(should be the same for all years though) you just unscrew the scew on the bottum of the inside door handle thing(in the armrest) then pull out that entire section and there'll be another screw under there u gotta take out....the unscrew the screw in the lever(inside)...then u just pry the bottum/sides and they should pop out...then lift the door panel upwards..should come right off....

im at work and thats off the top of my head so u might wanna look for any other clips or anything i may be forgetting...but should be enough to get you on your way ;)

· Registered
99 RSTi
458 Posts
I'm assuming it the same on a GC, but on the WRX the connector for the rear door harnesses is in the b-pillar and the fronts are in the lower a-pillar (more like where the dash meets the a-pillar). You have to remove the trim pieces and kind of push the wiring through the hole where it comes out of the body into the doors, then you should see the connector.

· Registered
00 2.5 RS BRP Sedan
3,297 Posts
are you planning on refinishing, or removing the handles while the doors are off..?

you may need to roll the windows up and down to access the handle bolts, and to remove the window belt moulding.

if so I'd advise tearing all this down before removing the door itself.

otherwise you'll be forced to hotwire the window regulator with a 12v battery, possibly ruining it.

--

and you lucked out because the door bolts are self centering, no adjustment required upon reinstallation...

I love japanese cars :)

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, im planning on painting the handles and mirrors while the door is off. im also planning on checking out the wiring of my speakers because the ones on the doors don't work for some reason. :-/ Any solutions for that?

· Registered
GC8 STi, Mini, Lexus
583 Posts
pop the two clippy things off (one on the handle, one near the hole where the handle is.

pop the thing where the door latch/lock mechanism is (the plate)

unscrew the two screws where the clippy things are.

pop the door out by pulling on the edges. there's little palstic clips which will inevitably break (at least 1 or 2) but youll get it off.

its attached near the window like a hanger, so you gotta pull up to get it out.

if it takes you more than two minutes, hit yourself in the head or drink a beer then repeat the above steps. Beer makes you a better mechanic. proven time and again.

· Free!
01 RSTI / 03LeggyH6
9,435 Posts
Door cards are easy. As Rizzo explained....but dont forget to pop the window switch panel out and unplug it (plugs pop out EZ with a flat head screwdriver). Replug the switches after the door card has been removed so u can roll the window to access the door lock mechanism. As for removing the doors and door latch I would refer to a Chiltons or FSM. since I personally have never done it. G/L!!!

Link to sites w FSM

http://www.rs25.com/forums/f105/t73249-official-factory-service-manual-thread.html

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.