Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
99 RS coupe
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well not really, just curious what kind of extent you've gone for your subaru?

So far I've skipped on rent payments to make sure I got car payments on time (when I was in bad debt), bought more "gifts" for my car then I have my gf, and now Im looking at moving to a smaller place that has a garage just so I can have space to work/swap it.

· Registered
2017 STi
14,451 Posts
Spent money on toys for my car and not my g/f. Although I've learned to get her something nice here and there so I don't have to hear her complain about me loving my car more than her.

· L On Roids.
98L 2.2
2,138 Posts
I just got my subaru and I love her to death. I think girls should open their eyes more and realize that a guy relationship with their car shows commitment, something they are looking to have. If a girl is that dope, a guy will show less attention to their car, and spend more money and time on their gf.....

I wouldn't tho LOL.

· Banned
1,035 Posts
First off, I'll say that I loved my RS and love my WRX. I love both cars more than any other cars Ive owned. However, that being said, they are just cars. If it came to moving out of my house to a smaller one, or selling the car so I can stay in my house, I'll be saying goodbye to the car. Selling a car is soo much easier than packing up and moving. Also, I totally cut out spending on my car when I bought an engagement ring for my wife. I also cut out spending on my car the whole time before our wedding and a little bit after we were married. Extra money for stuff was way more important than money to be spent on a stupid car.

I know that this isnt the mentality of most enthusiasts, but I think it is absolutely moronic to hear people say "ooo, I went hungry so I could spend money on my car....Ive never bought my wife/gf anything because it all goes to my car....blah blah blah." Priorities...some people have them, some dont.(I understand some people arent old enough or at a place in their life to have other priorities, such as college kids with no major bills or high school kids).

· Registered
99 RS coupe
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know that this isnt the mentality of most enthusiasts, but I think it is absolutely moronic to hear people say "ooo, I went hungry so I could spend money on my car....Ive never bought my wife/gf anything because it all goes to my car....blah blah blah." Priorities...some people have them, some dont.(I understand some people arent old enough or at a place in their life to have other priorities, such as college kids with no major bills or high school kids).
I use to be that why when I was younger, a lot has changed. I much rather eat now..lol. The other reason for moving is that I dont need such a big place and I hate being far away from work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.