Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wellllll......When my car is on and running, the tail lights dont turn on as dont the license plate lights. Can anyone help me to figure out the problem? oh! btw, the brake lights work when i press the brake pedals and where is the wiring harness for the rear? thanx.

·
Registered
94 L AWD, 02 WRX, 06 WRX Wagon
29 Posts
same problem here! its not the 'TAIL CLEARNC' fuse either, tried swapping fuses. nothing. is there a controller or switch somewhere? CC also doesnt work when the headlights are turned on (b/c the tails are nonfunctional i guess?)

·
www.jackstalk.com
‘98 RS, 911 Cab, CT6 TT, Escalade ESV
5,650 Posts
I would look into the ground and/or power wire. I know the entire rear end shares the same ground and there's a mutual power wire as well. The rear harness is very simple, something like 8 wires for the entire thing after the fuel pump.

·
Registered
1995 EZ30 Coupe
961 Posts
I had a bad wiring harness on one of my tail light assemblies. It worked, but caused some very strange symptoms, iirc my running lights would go out when I hit the brakes and no brake light on the one side, despite the bulb being good. Swapped the harness and it all works mint. Might be something to look into.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts