Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wassup guys,

I just got a 2001 2.5 RS and i love it, but im looking to buy some tail light covers like the one shown on red RS atop the page. Can sombody tell me where i can get those cuz im not having any luck findin them. PEACE!

joeyblunted

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm guessing those taillights are tinted. You can buy some spray tint at one of your local tuner shops, and get a can of clear coat from a hobby store while your at it. Some people have tinted just the bottom (orange) part of the light, so you have a red and tinted light. That's how mine is, and I personally (I'm biased!) think it looks pretty good. The turn signals still flash orange as well.

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
That is correct. A tip would be to get some clear contact paper from a hobby store as well, cover the lenses with it, then paint the contact paper. That way, when you get pulled over like me, you can just peel them off like I had to.

:curse:

If you paint the actual tail lights, then you'd have to replace the whole assemblies in the event of a fix-it ticket. :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tail lights

bvondran said:
I'm guessing those taillights are tinted. You can buy some spray tint at one of your local tuner shops, and get a can of clear coat from a hobby store while your at it. Some people have tinted just the bottom (orange) part of the light, so you have a red and tinted light. That's how mine is, and I personally (I'm biased!) think it looks pretty good. The turn signals still flash orange as well.
thanks for that tip!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts