Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1641 - 1660 of 1703 Posts

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,848 Posts
i would rock the crap out of a 4dr skyline. i want that nissan sunny they have. :drool:

and i know how that goes with asking price. mine just sold for WAAAAAAY less than i wanted.

·
ok terrific.
'95 STi RA rep, rhd yo!
5,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,642
New toys! I'm set up for the yearly oil change, replacing the leaky bypass valve, and the replacement FC commander since I broke the last one while modifying the screen.

Sent from my HTC U Ultra using Tapatalk

·
ok terrific.
'95 STi RA rep, rhd yo!
5,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,644
It means I'm going to jumpstart it, find the source of the draw, kill it, then pay for the oil to be changed because I'm not motivated to do it myself. :lol:

·
ok terrific.
'95 STi RA rep, rhd yo!
5,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,645
So my car is tuned for 15psi but I've been topping out at 13. A smoke test revealed a leaking stock BPV. After some searching I found that Forge makes a stock replacement at the stock spring rate. They recommended springs to adjust it which is great. I ordered both, went to install today and low and behold the springs are too big for the damn valve. So the search continues for a recirculating BPV that plumbs in like OE... Recommendations appreciated.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,029 Posts
Is the bypass leaking under boost or is the wastegate actuator in need of a turn or two of preload? Usually being off your boost target means the wastegate needs to be tighter

·
ok terrific.
'95 STi RA rep, rhd yo!
5,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,647
I smoke tested it last year, so I don't recall but I don't think I was hitting 15psi on the smoke machine. If this valve doesn't work I'll shim it with a washer. If I'm still losing pressure I'll try the wastegate trick. Just remove the C-clip and turn twice clockwise? I never messed with a wastegate before with the intention of changing anything.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,029 Posts
A smoke machine wont build any pressure, yeh pop the clip and spin the rod end in towards the actuator one complete turn, that should nudge the preload up a hair. Check your boost pressure and adjust accordingly.

·
ok terrific.
'95 STi RA rep, rhd yo!
5,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,650
A smoke machine wont build any pressure, yeh pop the clip and spin the rod end in towards the actuator one complete turn, that should nudge the preload up a hair. Check your boost pressure and adjust accordingly.
We have one of these kickass Redline High Pressure Smoke Machines that puts out up to 20psi. It's excellent for finding boost leaks.
PowerSmoke PRO™ High Pressure Diagnostic Leak Detector - Redline Detection Official Site – Smoke Pro Diagnostic Leak Detector

I'll play around with the wastegate if the BPV doesn't resolve the issue.

Is that an OEM BPV you can open? Or aftermarket
Forge Motorsports. The OE BPV is a sealed plastic unit.

·
ok terrific.
'95 STi RA rep, rhd yo!
5,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,653
The FC Commander is up and running. No need to break out the laptop anymore to make small changes.

·
ok terrific.
'95 STi RA rep, rhd yo!
5,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,655
Canada road trip for car parts! STi Type R rear windscreen with wiper kit.

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,795 Posts
Doesn't look too bad. Luckily you didn't get an airbag to the face!

Did the motor make it or did the impact smash the timing bits?

1641 - 1660 of 1703 Posts