Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2000, Subaru Impreza RS, WRB
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Got the rear fenders almost done. I ended up modifying quite a few things form the original kit:
  • 100mm wide on each side
  • deleted the rear door handles
  • 3cm higher arches
  • new door gap going straight down instead of around the arches

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Latest updates include fitting the STI pedal box to the GC mount. The original bracket had to be cut off of the firewall and welded back in its new position. Also, the holes in the firewall for the clutch master cylinder didn't line up any more (GD is lower than on GC) so they endured the same treatment.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
One issue with the new dash beam is that it is nothing like the STI dash beam I was originally using... So transferring all the brackets and attachment points is a real pain.
So far I've got the steering column mounted with a custom bracket. I also cut out the original hole in the firewall for the steering column and replaced it with the GD one since they weren't the same size and obviously the GD column won't fit in the GC hole...

·
Registered
2001 SRP RS Coupe, 05 FXT
363 Posts
Second that. ZE40's are one of my faves. Don't see too many early Imprezas with them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey bro what did you do to adapt the brake lines from the Sti to the Rs. I’m doing the same build and cannot be trying to adapt the brake booster next To be used with the STI engine 2005

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok cool ,
How bout the srs stuff , seatbelts and airbags ... did you leave that stuff alone or go the extra mile to adapting them
To the wiring harness ??

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Ok cool ,
How bout the srs stuff , seatbelts and airbags ... did you leave that stuff alone or go the extra mile to adapting them
To the wiring harness ??

Hey, so if you're deleting the ABS pump you should simply be able to use your original GC lines. But if (like me) you're also using the GD ABS system you'll have to get creative... I chose to bend the GD lines to fit the GC firewall, even made a video about it on Youtube:

Skip to 5:02 if you just want infos on the brake lines in the engine bay.

Another way to solve the issue is by cutting your hardlines near the ABS pump and merging the GC lines to the GD pump using couplers.

For the SRS stuff I'm using everything straight out of the GD (airbags, wiring, crash sensors...). The only component that can't be swapped over is the seat belts (and possibly the air bags if you're not also swapping the dash).
For the seatbelts I'm still using the original GC ones but I'll put a resistor into the SRS wiring plug to emulate the GD seatbelts and trick the system into thinking that everything is connected properly.

I'm using the entire GD wiring harness so there is nothing to "adapt" on the electrical side of things, just a matter of placing all of the GD components into the GC shell.
I guess it would be a whole different story if you were trying to use the GC harness with the GD components...

Hope that helps

61 - 74 of 74 Posts