Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
05 legacy sdn, 00 rs sdn
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i have a swaped wagon, 97 obs with 2003 usdm WRX motor... and im gunna start to get rid of the codes so it will be CEL free and will be able to pass emissions... any of you with swaped motors, what have you done to pass this test?

·
Registered
05 legacy sdn, 00 rs sdn
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
joubtt said:
I ran a catless uppipe and stock TBE and passed.

yes but isnt the first o2 sensor after that cat in the up pipe.. if i'm correct then thats why you can do that.. but what i'm talking about is the evap stuff that is on the wrx gas tank that i dont have on my 97 obs....

·
Registered
681 Posts
Ok so similar question what do you do for emissions if you plan on going standalone? I am planning on either running Link-plus or Hydra. But up here in Denver they do use the OBD II for emissions.

·
Registered
1995 L
1,541 Posts
You can run the Hydra, all you have to do is swap it with a factory ECU before you go for testing. ;)

·
Registered
05 legacy sdn, 00 rs sdn
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Area1320 said:
Nate, when are you due? As soon as I hae some time, I can flash your CELS out of the ecu

Well i'm not due until december soo i have some time yet.. just wanted to start working on it now soo i dont have to rush to get it fixed when time comes... it just seems to me that flashing those codes out of the ecu would be kinda risky i would think but i guess it really doesnt matter.... can the orignal information be flashed back onto the ecu if something got erased that wasnt supposed to?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts