Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 99RS didn't come with a LSD in the rear diff so I was looking at swapping one in. Only thing is in the US a diff is about three times the price it is over here. So my question is would it be possible to use a WRX RA model's rear diff in a 99RS with a A/T? I know I could use a 2K RS's rear diff but why do that when there is one here for about $100. So will it work? Do I need to check the gearing first with the dealership here?

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
i don't see why it shouldn't work with an A/T. one thing you will have to change is the rear axles. i know you do if you upgrade to the OEM viscous LSD on the MY00-01s.

also, enjoy installing it. here's a hint, you have to unbolt the rear suspension, and i mean the WHOLE thing :biggest:

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has anybody installed the LSD into their stock rear diff case using the stock gears? I'm thinking of putting in a LSD in the rear but using my stock gears and case. I'll have a shop actually install the LSD into the case though and I'll put the rear diff back in myself. What rear diff does it need to be a R160 or R180 diff?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts