Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

121 - 140 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
1995 WRX 2015 F150
1,873 Posts
shit..i just got done re-reading all 12 page and im confused..

passenger side rails are interchangeable
but
driver side is NOT interchangeable because of the Height adjustment mechanism???

and yes i understand the seats sit higher

my driver side GD rails are bent thats why i need to change it
I just did mine the other day. 02 wrx seats. The passenger side rail just swaps over.

I took the drivers seats apart to try and swap them. The rails are very different and don't interchange. It's possible to swap the padding and cover over but it doesn't fit very well, the base is a different shape. I did it just to try it. If you do swap the cover and foam the seat is very low, my shoulder was just above the windowsill and I'm 6'2". I put the drivers wrx seat back together the way it was and would NOT reccomend swapping parts on the drivers side they don't fit well and looked like crap.

·
Registered
1998, Impreza Coupe
2 Posts
Has anyone tried this on the driver seat too?? I'm going to do a WRX rear and frint seat swap for my 2.2RS. Just doing some research before I try to do this by myself

·
Registered
'00 RS | '05 Legacy
582 Posts
so after reading this thread, you can swap almost any STi seat into the GC and it bolts right in? It will sit a little higher and you cannot swap the RS rails to the GD sti seats.
Correct. You can swap the rails but it requires welding and some fab (I think there was a post a couple pages back on it).

·
Registered
2000 BRP 2.5 RS Sedan
198 Posts
Cut the mounting feet off of the rails, and bolt/weld the GC mounting feet to the GD rails. I recommend disassembling the seats and removing the fabric and plastics so they don't get damaged/burned.
-Vu

·
Registered
7 Posts
Gents,

I have 2004 RS, which is being prepared for RallyCross. Being 6'7" headroom is tight. With a helmet, its non existent. After reading this thread, it appears you can modify the seat a bit to lower the seat bottom.

Has anyone done this to a stock RS seat to accommodate a taller driver?

·
Registered
2000 2.5rs
78 Posts
just curious, are the 02-03 wrx seats different than 04+wrx seats?
a buddy of mine was saying 02-03 wrx seats were like our 2.5rs seats but in a different color...?

·
Registered
98 2.5RS RBP
170 Posts
just installed 05 sti seats all went in pretty good... i know there a little high BUT whats really killing me is that the drivers seat is offset by like an inch and a half... i have tried searching about this with no luck... has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
LSTI in progress.
780 Posts
Bumping an old thread for new info. I got a wrx seat of unknown origin. The previous owner had put a different set of rails on it and it sat high. I suspect they were forester rails.

Anyways after tearing them down I noticed how much different they were from the RS seats and rails. The rails from the RS seats would not work. So i went to the junkyard and measured some 97 legacy seats. Just the normal ones, non height adjustment. Turns out that they work perfectly with a little bit of modification. Now I sit lower than the rs seats and it is much more comfortable. Only cost me 3 dollars for the rails too. Hopefully it helps!

·
Registered
1995 Impreza LX / 2013 WRX
32 Posts
06-07 Impreza 2.5i (WRX TR?) seats

Hey guys, I did some searching but can't come up with a definitive answer. So...two questions:

1. Will 06-07 Impreza 2.5i aka WRX TR (?) seats bolt right up to a 1995 Impreza sedan? From what few examples I've seen, the answer is yes, but they will be a bit higher like ever other seat.

2. Can the rails from the old seats be swapped to the passenger seats of the new one?

Thanks!

Edit: Both 06-07 Impreza 2.5i aka WRX TR seats bolted right up in my 95 Impreza LX, but it didn't seem like the rails could be swapped from the old seats to the new ones, so I didn't bother.

121 - 140 of 148 Posts