Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

61 - 80 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
01 Forester
5,169 Posts
ill see if i can get one later, but it is exactly the same as the one i have out of an 06 TS wagon, and these seats definitely came out of an 02 wrx, and they definitely are the original upholstery pattern of an 02. The passenger side bolted together no problem.....
Your 02 drivers seat will swap onto the RS seat rail as described earlier. Do it, it will work! :D

·
Registered
2003 BMW 325xi
528 Posts
i wonder if someone swapped upholstery onto a newer seat and put it in my donor car...... because there is no way that any of that seat comes anywhere near bolting to anything on my rs rail, and the frame looks absolutely nothing like the passenger seat (excluding the obvious height adjustment) ill post pics tomorrow....

·
Registered
97 Legacy L 5spd, 00 2.5RS
17 Posts
Anyone know if the rail swap applies to BD (1997 specificly) Legacy's as well? I'm looking to get bugeye sets for my Legacy since as you all know the stock L seats suck and they aren't too expensive anymore.

Thanks

·
Registered
2008 AW STi
5,361 Posts
I may be purchasing some 04 WRX seats. When you guys say that the passenger seat sits higher than the drivers seat... is it noticeable to the naked eye and about how much taller?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've run into an issue trying to fix my newly purchased 99 2.5RS's seats as well.

The previous owner destroyed the rail's bearings making some ebay STi knockoffs work, so I need new rails to stop the seats from rocking back and forth. I got a set off another subaru forum, and they're not working.

The previous owner is telling me I have the OEM 99 RS seats, the rail seller is telling me that I've got OEM 99 RS rails, but nothing is matching up. The seats are obviously side-mount for the inner side, where as the rails are bottom mount.

What's on the car (Passenger side inner rail, closest to tunnel)

What i was sent (passenger side inner rail, closest to tunnel)

And ideas?

·
Registered
117 Posts
^It looks like those rails are not from a '99 RS. Although I could be wrong. Anyone else know?

Anybody use the Sparco brackets before? Will these bolt in okay and everything? FS:(NY) Sparco Seat Brackets - NASIOC

He says they will bolt directly onto my USDM '06 STI seats and lower them about three inches. Anyone here can verfiy that?

·
Registered
2008 AW STi
5,361 Posts
Sooooo, i installed the 05 WRX driver seat last night (in the rain) and once it was all bolted down i noticed that the seat is lop sided. It leans right up against the center console to the point where i cant move the seat back and forward. WTF is wrong?

When facing the back of the seat and looking down at the rails, it seems like the rail to the left (closer to the drivers door) is bent, though i am not sure if this is how its supposed to look. Well i ended up taking the seat out and re-installing the origianl RS seat. Im a bit pissed off right now. I hope i didnt get a seat with a fucked up rail. If anyone have any info on what this may be PLEASE let me know. Take it easy.

·
Registered
2000 BRP Impreza 2.5 RS
241 Posts
Well since the 02 drivers seat has the height adjustment I guess the bottom assembly is completly different than I thought. More like the 04 seats I never found an easy way to swap rails.
wait a minute, so you can't swap the driver's side rail from a GC on to the 02 wrx seat? the rest of this thread led me to believe it worked pretty well.

61 - 80 of 148 Posts