Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

41 - 60 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
ej205 swapped '00 BRP RS
102 Posts
Does anyone know if the RS rails and seats from say, a ver. 6 can be combined so that the height adjustablity and passanger side tilt/slide still work?

I just bought some JDM seats and while I like the hieght adjust, I am bothered by not having the Tilt/Slide on the passenger side. I will eventualy crack open the new seat to add the height adjust to my driver seat, but I want to know if I will have to choose between the height adjust or the tilt slide on the passenger side.

·
Registered
95 RHD WRX
1,799 Posts
I'm curious, to the people that had 02 wrx seats and did this already, is it actually worth doing? If you swap an RS or L rail to the passanger wrx seat, will it be at least as low as the drivers side fully downed on height adjustment? Or will I have to get v2 seats to solve the issue

·
Registered
94&93 vr4, 94 rx7, 98 2.5rs
353 Posts
bringing this thread back.. I'm looking to buy a 2.5rs (just sold sti), and I have some v7 JDM sti seats. If I swap these with 2.5rs rails, will they lower a lot? Will they be like stock seat height? I had v8 sti seats in my old 2.5rs and they were way to high.

·
Registered
01 Forester
5,169 Posts
bringing this thread back.. I'm looking to buy a 2.5rs (just sold sti), and I have some v7 JDM sti seats. If I swap these with 2.5rs rails, will they lower a lot? Will they be like stock seat height? I had v8 sti seats in my old 2.5rs and they were way to high.
They will sit about the same height as a stock RS seat.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Now I just want to bump this thread up. I'm getting conflicting answers on a question I have. The car is a 2000 RS and I want to swap in a passenger seat from a 2005 RS. I have no rails though. Can I somehow get it to work without getting the 05 rail?

·
Premium Member
Donk It.
1,696 Posts
You will need to fabricate, or significantly modify the mounting setup...

Most late-GC and early-GD seats have interchangeable mounting systems. 2004+ will not easily fit in a GC with a headroom-friendly seat height. 2002-2003 seats will need their brackets swapped out in favor of the GC brackets, and anything 2001 and under will obviously fit perfectly.

2004+ seats will FIT without a bracket swap, they'll just ride really high.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for the help guys.

I find the height comment really strange. The previous owner of my car swapped in just the '05 driver seat and it seems no higher than the stock '00 passenger seat that is still in there. I'm 6' and have no headroom problems at all.

So if I need a rail for the '05 seat, what years will work? 2004 and 2005 only?

EDIT: Bought a 2004 rail and got the '05 seat installed!

·
Premium Member
1999 2.5RS Silverthorn
286 Posts
How much higher are the USDM sti seats compared to the stock 99 rs seats? I'm planning on swapping the STI seats and I'm only 5'6 so I'm wondering how much higher it's going to make it. Will I be fine sitting in these???

·
Registered
2003 BMW 325xi
528 Posts
anyone have any experience modifying a driver's side frame from a 2003 wrx to fit a driver's side RS rail from a 1999 to permanently lower it? It appears that the rails do not swap..... the driver's side wrx frame looks very similar to the 2004+ seats..... I was thinking using some foam to fill the gap and using my rs frame with wrx bolster supports welded on it...

·
Registered
01 Forester
5,169 Posts
anyone have any experience modifying a driver's side frame from a 2003 wrx to fit a driver's side RS rail from a 1999 to permanently lower it? It appears that the rails do not swap..... the driver's side wrx frame looks very similar to the 2004+ seats..... I was thinking using some foam to fill the gap and using my rs frame with wrx bolster supports welded on it...
Look at the first page of this thread. There is a write up that details what you will need to do.

·
Registered
2003 BMW 325xi
528 Posts
erg, i read what i typed before and i wrote it up wrong...... what i meant to say.... has anyone had experience modifying a PASSENGER side WRX seat cushion and bucket frame into a DRIVER'S side RS seat mounting bracket..... to make sure once and for all the seats stay the stock level and get rid of that height adjustment thingy........ or to modify the RS bucket frame so the WRX cushion fits onto it..... i think im gonna try one of those two things, right now i have 3/4 of my new front seats installed:p

·
Registered
01 Forester
5,169 Posts
erg, i read what i typed before and i wrote it up wrong...... what i meant to say.... has anyone had experience modifying a PASSENGER side WRX seat cushion and bucket frame into a DRIVER'S side RS seat mounting bracket..... to make sure once and for all the seats stay the stock level and get rid of that height adjustment thingy........ or to modify the RS bucket frame so the WRX cushion fits onto it..... i think im gonna try one of those two things, right now i have 3/4 of my new front seats installed:p
If you follow the instructions on the first page and swap the WRX Drivers side bottom cushion and backrest to the RS Drivers side rail the height adjustment will be eliminated. The height adjustment is part of the rail, not the cushions.

The seat will then sit the same height as your RS seat did.

·
Registered
2003 BMW 325xi
528 Posts
ill see if i can get one later, but it is exactly the same as the one i have out of an 06 TS wagon, and these seats definitely came out of an 02 wrx, and they definitely are the original upholstery pattern of an 02. The passenger side bolted together no problem.....

41 - 60 of 148 Posts